FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Speedhut Gauges In!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey, I just got finished installing my speedhut gauges last night.
after the 2 months I was too lazy to go in and do it, so here they are now.

here are some pics:

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

Night shots!

[Image: 9.jpg]

[Image: 10.jpg]

and of course, the stock pic, I chose to literally colour my needles red with a sharpie:

[Image: 1.jpg]

they have the option to change from blue to green, you cant really tell the difference on the cam, but in the car is very noticeable.

I made it with a RS-type Redline, its one sick mod! it came out to $59USD shipped, so $65 + 8 for customs :)

my temp needle is a bit off oh well.

thanks for looking!
~Lorne
Looks good. :)
PerfectSaiyan,Apr 22 2006, 05:02 PM Wrote:my temp needle is a bit off oh well.
[right][snapback]182877[/snapback][/right]

Same with mine. Ah well, i'll fix it when I get around to it... maybe.

They looks great btw!
Finally!
I think you were the first to order, even before the group buy. Glad to finally see them installed. How bright are those at night? I bet it will take some getting used to.

Great Job.
they are definately bright at night, but you can adjust the light.

basically the brightest means a teal-ish colour, and the lowest setting is a dark blue setting.

I have gotten used to it , but my gf hasnt yet haha..

have I mentioned my speedo is 10km off? hahaha
Very nice.
Looks sweet man..good job on the install...clean.....

welcome to the speedhut club
why is your temp and speed off? Did you take the needels out? Why? The set that i bought didnt require the removal of the needels.

Because if the needles are moved what so ever, they need to be recalibrated. Driving with the gauge cover off helps that situation, that's what I did :lol: and when I drove for about five mins I centered the temp gauge as best as possible... it's still not perfect though. No biggie.
I didn't take my needles off when I put my SpeedHut guages on. I moved the needles around to line them up with the face while I was sliding it on. They are still in the same place. I even had to pull the needles away from the housing to gain a little clearance. But I guess everyone does things a little different.

Still looks great.
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 23 2006, 02:54 AM Wrote:I didn't take my needles off when I put my SpeedHut guages on.  I moved the needles around to line them up with the face while I was sliding it on.  They are still in the same place.  I even had to pull the needles away from the housing to gain a little clearance.  But I guess everyone does things a little different.

Still looks great.
[right][snapback]182923[/snapback][/right]
yup same here, it's a bit tricky but if you're slow and have time it'll fit. I had to tape mine down though for the needles to clear.
Yeah, we pulled the needles up a bit on mine too. I had it stick at 140 km the day after I had them installed... :lol: The new clearance solved that issue.
That looks SO much better!
Nice work dude. My speedo is 10 KM/H optimistic as well :D
I didnt remove my needles either, but you should to the reste trick after wards to make sure.

On my RPM gauge thos the needle would stick throughour the entire sweep, even with the tape, so i took em out.
Calibrating the needles is not that hard, trust me ;)

By the way, PerfectSaiyan, would your eyes get tired by looking at the bright background at night? I heard some people complaining about it.