FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Been Offered A Trade....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, Im kinda stuck right now. I've just been offered a straight up trade- my focus for a 1999 SVT Contour thats in MINT shape, leather is immaculate no cracks/tears/etc and the owner is a bodyguy so the exterior is mint also..all it has is 17in rims, magnaflow exhaust, y-pipe, cold air intake. Opinions? The SVT is Silver Frost on midnight blue leather also..

do it.

nice rare(ish) car.
probably good and thirsty though.
ANTHONYD,Aug 20 2009, 05:37 PM Wrote:do it.

nice rare(ish) car.
probably good and thirsty though.
[right][snapback]293054[/snapback][/right]

Thirsty yes ... parts are getting tougher and tougher to get ... and bear in mind that even at 190 or 200 hp (can't remember when the hp changed on CSVT) - it's quite a heavy car (feels great driving) and you might be a bit disappointed in the performance.
Drive it and see how it feels
DO IT... i would do that trade in a second if i had an older focus for sure... altho yours does have a lot done to it and is pretty mint, SVT contours are pretty dope regardless
Sounds almost too good to be true. Are you sure there's nothing wrong with it?
Im going to look at it possibly tomorrow, I had a 98 GL before the Focus and it went pretty good for 170HP in a 4door so Im sure this one would be even better..Ill update after Ive checked it out and let you guys know, but If its how the owner is saying, im pretty sure im going to do it
take it to a trustfule mechanic hommie
As others have said, get a thorough mechanical inspection done, make sure the title is clean and be well aware that an SVT Contour is going to be hard to get parts for.

Rode in an SVT Contour done up as a track car, jesus, that thing was insane...

NefCanuck
The SVTC owner has no idea what he is getting in to does he? LOL
lol he knows, but he said he has a guy coming tomorrow with a chevy truck that he might trade for first and then he'll let me know sunday if the deal goes through or falls through in which he wants to deal for the Focus..we'll see what happens
CSVTs are decent rides, more GT-ish than true classic SVT flavour. They're still head and shoulders above a stock Contour, mind you.

The engine note is pretty sweet with the right setup. I'd rock one if I had the need for an extra ride right now. :)
Personally I wouldn't do it All these older guys I said older not OLD alright guys lol Like the 4 door Sedan, Your young but if you like it do it. But make sure you get someone to check it out.
fast 4 doors FTMFW!
what year is your car, and do you want to do a straight trade on a possibly newer car to an older car?

I'd take into consideration that the contour is a rarish car -- which is kinda cool, but the maintenance is gonna suck.

Also, the contours are ugly as hell -- not cool 1980's ugly, but that 1990-it's-a-collection-of-bubbles-and-must-be-aerodynamic ugly... it's gonna be real hard to make that lump o' soggy noodles look good*.

So you can trade for an older, uglier, more difficult to maintain, slightly faster car.

and the guy is awefully intent on trading it (RED FLAG!)

Personally, I wouldn't...

*strictly my personal opinion of course.
Yeah you shouldn't....sell your car and buy mine...

hardk0re,Aug 21 2009, 04:17 PM Wrote:Yeah you shouldn't....sell your car and buy mine...
[right][snapback]293106[/snapback][/right]

pm me a price and do u still have everything u pulled off?