FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Looks Like I Fixed My Fender...........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The ex-owner of my car installed some mud guard but on one of the fender he did the hole so close of the edge ( where the fender has a lip) that it broke and the fender lost all of it's rigidity and start bending towars the outside, I thought about buying a new one but seems like they will have to blend my left door and my hood to match the paint, after thinking about it for months I decided to try something and looks like it's gonna work.

Look at the gap I have between the plastic guard and the fender it self , all the road dirt , water and stones can go behind , it's no big deal but it was bugging me.

[Image: 31062.jpg]

What I'm trying to do is pull the fender back in and I think I did it , we have to see if it's gonna last.

After removing the inner fender , I sand down all the paint inside and glue ( with a special mixture bought at the auto parts ) a small cylinder with a hole in the middle to be able to run some stainless wire into to it.

[Image: 31063.jpg]

Next step was to make a adjustable bolt to be able to pull the fender inside , I used a butterfly nut and drilled 4 holes into it and ran a 6mm screw into it with 2 nuts to pull the wires.

[Image: 31064.jpg]

All I have to do now is install the wires and start tighting the nut to pull it in.

[Image: 31065.jpg]

Now the fender is back to it's original curve and I don't have a gap between the inner fender and the fender itself.

I know it's not much of a deal but maybe someone is in the same situation as I was and doesn't know what to do.

It does look better don't you think ?

[Image: 31067.jpg]

[Image: 31066.jpg]

All I need now is the nice weather to show up ... B)
Turned out good. I'm the same way... picky as hell, it's all good man.
nice job man, it looks like new B)
Thanks guys , I thought about fixing this since I bought the car but did not know really what to do and how. The thikness of the metal is very thin on our fenders , if you have to drill hole in the lip be very carefull, you will run into the same problem as I did.

Since I haven't drove my car all winter and I have a heated garage , I did all kind of stuff to it , just odds and ends but I did change the front rotors , fixed the lights for my liscence plate , replaced the exhaust , cleaning and cleaning and cleaning..and more cleaning.. removed the FM antenna to stick a XM radio puck where the factory antenna was and I still catch FM like if the factory antenna was there , kind or weird isn't it ? I'm waiting for a set of SVT pedals that I should get next week and a K&N to fit my stock air box.

My buddy has a ZX5 and last week he stopped by Chomedy Ford to pick up a Borla Cat-Back that I installed last Thursday , the fit was better then my Focus Sport Cat-Back and I love the clamp who came with it , the one on the FocusSport is a regular ugly muffler clamp and the Borla was all Stainless.That was a nice evening project.
Nice.
VERY creative too!

I think if I was to do that to all the bat "fit and finsish" spots on my car, it would look like a game of cat's cradle.
ANTHONYD,Mar 18 2006, 06:17 PM Wrote:I think if I was to do that to all the bat "fit and finsish" spots on my car, it would look like a game of cat's cradle.
[right][snapback]175693[/snapback][/right]

I know what you mean , I bought this 03 ZX3 Juin 05 and the car has been driven a lot cause it had 103,000K on the clock already and saw at least 2 heavy winter, I had a lot and a lot of cleaning to do but I think I'm done , it's fun to do that ( if you have the time and place ) , it's a hobby for me , I was the same way with my last "ride".

oh....and a lot of beer..... [Image: drunk.gif]
Chapeau pour la débrouillardise !

Ça règle le bobo de façon simple et je suis prêt à parier que le fender va rester beau pour très longtemps.

:beerchug:
I went for a drive twice last week end in the capitale of put holes of Canada ( Montreal ) and it's holding up perfecly( so far ) ;)

On another note , I never ever leave my car outside , I mean at home and last week ( Thursday ) when I installed my friend's Borla Cat-Back , I had to move my car outside for about 5 hours and a little MoFo took my Ford chrome valve caps and he ( or she ) took only 2.... :angry:
probablement qqn qui a une moto :(
djrard,Mar 20 2006, 10:17 PM Wrote:probablement qqn qui a une moto :(
[right][snapback]176045[/snapback][/right]

Ouais ou un "becycle a pedal" :P