FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Holy **** Cosworth
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
They finally came out with a Super Charger for the Duratec.
I'm in talks with Cosworth to see what a Distributor would have to put out on the line and came across this beauty.

[Image: mx5-nc-supercharger-lowres.jpg]
wonder how much that toy is gonna cost.
Looks like it's a variation on the Duratec intake manifold theme in that it replaces the stock intake mani on a Duratec. Interesting.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 29 2009, 05:57 AM Wrote:Looks like it's a variation on the Duratec intake manifold theme in that it replaces the stock intake mani on a Duratec. Interesting.
[right][snapback]291877[/snapback][/right]
Similar to what they do to Z24's,Cobalts ect.

I hope this is not more then FS Turbo kit.
Throw that on your car and we'll race.
no intercooler :(
Aaaa dma it.
They are only doing it for the Mazda's :(
Thought there was a hope in hell but i guess not sry for the useless thread.
Scorcher000,Jul 29 2009, 08:40 AM Wrote:Aaaa dma it.
They are only doing it for the Mazda's :(
Thought there was a hope in hell but i guess not sry for the useless thread.
[right][snapback]291884[/snapback][/right]

Too bad... SC would be better for you guys down south cause of the ghey emissions laws.
So true.
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 29 2009, 02:57 AM Wrote:Looks like it's a variation on the Duratec intake manifold theme in that it replaces the stock intake mani on a Duratec. Interesting.

Superchargers usally do replace or modify the intake manifold. So that would make sence. Too bad its only for the Mazda's im guessing its for the mazda 3?
NikiterZTS,Jul 29 2009, 07:09 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 29 2009, 05:57 AM Wrote:Looks like it's a variation on the Duratec intake manifold theme in that it replaces the stock intake mani on a Duratec. Interesting.

[right][snapback]291880[/snapback][/right]

Cosworth = $$$$$$$
Now this would go awesome under the hood of the wife's Mazda5... :D

Too bad it's only for RWD... :(
reldridge,Jul 29 2009, 10:24 AM Wrote:Now this would go awesome under the hood of the wife's Mazda5... :D

[right][snapback]291898[/snapback][/right]

???? - does Mazda even have a Duratec RWD vehicle?
ZTWsquared,Jul 29 2009, 10:18 AM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jul 29 2009, 07:09 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]291880[/snapback][/right]

Cosworth = $$$$$$$
[right][snapback]291897[/snapback][/right]

Which is why when I buildup my engine, it will be MINIMAL Cosworth. Probably just intake manifold and MAYBE valvtrain.
Didn't Dean "claim" to have that on his car 5 years ago? :lol:
reldridge,Jul 29 2009, 06:24 AM Wrote:Now this would go awesome under the hood of the wife's Mazda5... :D

[right][snapback]291898[/snapback][/right]

Miata? The manifold is for a 4 cyl so it rules out the Mazda 6
well they did put the 4 in the 6 and in the fuzion. but the2.3L with the motor of choice there.
if you forked over enough cash im sure they could work something out for you, i might just do it in a couple years lol.
I talked with one of the USA sales peeps and they say that they are working on something but the MX-5 took over the majority for the charger because the Duratec has all teh engine upgrades to put it in a whole nother level. I've been looking at some of the things that Cosworth is doing with the Duratec and I mean making some serious power out of it enough to race in the Indy circut over in UK is impressive for a 2.3L engine putting out closse to 500HP N/A.
My ST is so waiting for one of these!
Pages: 1 2