FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Top Speed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So i normally don't drive fast cus i am too poor to afford a ticket, but today i was gettin on the onramp to the 401 east at whites rd......Its a nice downhill ramp leading into a downhill stretch......by the end of the off ramp i was goin 150, so i figured hey why not see what this can do, there were hardly any cars on the road..

So i give er get to 205km/h and then said to myself alright i better slow down........weir dthing is the car was only a little bit over 5krpm.......i thought it would have been a lot more
I'ved had mine around 215 km/h+ and from what I can remember I was only around 5k as well........It would be interesting to see what the Foci can do with ZR rated tires, aero kit and maybe a supercharger?
I had mine at almost 250k :P
250?? really?? do you mean 230? aaha i mean i have been 240 in my buddy chipped turbo golf and it took a little time to get up there

Where did you get goin that fast anyways? 400?
220km/h in SVT.

Never speed on hwy 400 and in any hwy collectors lanes O.P.P always always drives in that lane.
Fastest I ever did was 210 in a 97 318is when I worked for a car lot.

Methinks after my buildup is done this spring, i'm gonna take it on Hwy 1 to see what I can do....
My car won't go over 175..... damn governer.....

lol
brucktown,Jan 31 2006, 09:37 PM Wrote:250?? really?? do you mean 230? aaha i mean i have been 240 in my buddy chipped turbo golf and it took a little time to get up there

Where did you get goin that fast anyways? 400?
[right][snapback]167791[/snapback][/right]

S/C SVTF on a long straight side road here in Ottawa.
160ish on the way to Kev's in early Jan... I think I aggravated the governor in doing so :angry:
Had the old motorcycle up to 200+ once but stopped looking at the speedo after that, pretty frightening on a bike like that.

The Focus has seen 170ish and the datalogger on the WRX says I reached 193 going uphill with more to go, I think the governed limit is 230.
a cabbie was killed by two kids street racing a few short blocks away from my place a couple weeks ago. they could go fast in their mercedes apparently.

yes, I'm being an ass

but driving up highway 11, I did peg the 170km speed limiter in my pre-FI'd focus.

in my defense, it was a dead straight, flat stretch north of Nipigon, and at -46C (-52 with windchill) hopefully too cold for moose to be crossing the road.
235km/h.... 430 am... sunday morning on the way back from niagara falls on the QEW

some acura blew by me when i was doing 140... i decided to catch up to him
Went up to 200km in my SVT on I29 in the middle of nowhere on my way back from the US, then backed off. No urge to see what an American speeding ticket looks like.
242kph in a V6 Opel Calibra at around 1am on a highway just outside Lisbon back in '98 :D

Laterz :)
Fastest I've ever gone in a car I've ridden in is was a pegged 220km/h back in '82 in Germany (A Ford Taunus) Memorable both for the speed and my mother whimpering in the back seat of the car begging my grandfather to slow down ;)

Driving? 140km/h on the 407 in the Focus passing a POS Jetta that was trying to be "cute" as I was passing him...

NefCanuck
(Yeah I'm a wimp, I like my license okay? :P)
Well I've done 250km/h (maxed out) in my dads 02' Thunderbird.....yes they go that fast, and it is way to freakin fast. Next time I'll do that speed, i'll do it on a long straight track that looks like it might continue on for about 100 miles lol. Going fast is fun, until something happens like those kids in the Mercedes. I wont be a hipcrite (sp?) cause yes I do speed and I do speed alot, but there is a time and a place for everything......
Burnin21,Feb 1 2006, 05:04 PM Wrote:Well I've done 250km/h (maxed out) in my dads 02' Thunderbird.....yes they go that fast, and it is way to freakin fast. Next time I'll do that speed, i'll do it on a long straight track that looks like it might continue on for about 100 miles lol.  Going fast is fun, until something happens like those kids in the Mercedes. I wont be a hipcrite (sp?) cause yes I do speed and I do speed alot, but there is a time and a place for everything......
[right][snapback]167990[/snapback][/right]

In the 90 SC I had, I also had a gf in Montreal at the time and I would often bury the needle at 260 easily in that car on the 401 at 1am in the morning.

I remember travelling there one weekend and the 2 jags and one mercedes that I was packed together with must have done almost 200km/hr on average from the 135 split (Peterborough) to the ottawa offramp. Needless to say I made it in record time.
come on now, we dont wanna be like svt dean
slow down
paolo,Feb 2 2006, 01:18 AM Wrote:come on now, we dont wanna be like svt dean
slow down
[right][snapback]168031[/snapback][/right]

this morning, coming to work - 315 km/h, 2004 ZTW, winter tires.

tomorrow probably 350, cause the road will be empty. :P
Pages: 1 2 3