FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wings West W-type Kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a buddy of mine here on the base that has 2 modded ZX3's, and the one of them has a complete Wings West W-Type body kit on it. He wants to take it off and return the car to stock cosmetically for a winter car.

It's pitchblack, same as mine, and likely wouldn't need much spiffing up. I asked him what sort of price he wants, and he said to make an offer.

Has anyone ever bought and installed used body kits, and if so, how did that go/how is it all holding up over the longterm?

The W-Type is my favourite style of North American bodykit....

Should I get it?

Likely be around $500ish I think for the front lip, rear bumper, and the side skirts.

What should I do?
500 is a tad pricey for it .. since there is a brand new w-type kit forsale in the FS section for 500 brand new .. the only thing you'd be saving on is having to get it painted .. which could run 700-1000$

The condition of the kit should be fine as all the panels are urethane (same as OEM)
$500???

From a buddy????

Suck my balls I'd tell him.

Low ball time.

case of beer

WW is not an expensive kit. It's just a bonus that is is painted black for you. But it may get damaged taking it off and putting it back on, thereby rendering the fact it is black useless to you.

Think of the deal that in the end you still going to have to paint it.

I bought my entire WW T-TYP kit for $600 brand new. Of course at the time I got a hell of a deal as it was listed for $1199 but whatever, it's the point. The nice part is that the kit is already painted. A paint job/install will run you $400 to $500 for the most part. It's up to you really, it's expensive for a used kit but you do get away with not having to repaint......
. I'd offer 300 because its a buddy and it's used.
See how low he will go...maybe $250 or less....or $200 and a case of beer...
I think $250 and you'll help him take it off should be more than enough
Hey, I have the WW W-type kit on my car. I got it for $150 dollars. $500 is way too much to pay. At the most I would go $250.
Hey my brother is in PET as well.... PM'd