FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Turbo Or Not!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok!

I want to get a the Roush Turbo kit this summer but should I? I need to fill out the big front bumper mouth with a nice intercooler! :lol:

My Focus has around 125km on it and my third gear is a little facked.

Should I get it anywheres???

Opinion are all welcome! :lol:
JUST FAWKIN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
what do you mean by alittle f**ked?

If you go turbo, i'd say find a new tranny aswell as it won't fix itself down the road
Flofocus,Jan 18 2006, 04:10 PM Wrote:JUST FAWKIN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :P
[right][snapback]165714[/snapback][/right]

I knew you would of said that!!!! You just want to install a turbo in my car! :lol: But if everything go well...Im going to have it in begin summer...so...Hope you get a house and a garage and we can install that bad boy.

Quote:what do you mean by alittle f**ked?

If you go turbo, i'd say find a new tranny aswell as it won't fix itself down the road

Well, it's only my sincro...so..it's not the full tranny.
125km aint bad at all, Turbo it!

BUT for Cost/Performance if your just getting a kit the PW kit from ZX3Tuning is something you should really take a look at as an alternative.

hardk0re,Jan 18 2006, 04:44 PM Wrote:125km aint bad at all, Turbo it!

BUT for Cost/Performance if your just getting a kit the PW kit from ZX3Tuning is something you should really take a look at as an alternative.
[right][snapback]165719[/snapback][/right]

But, is the PW a s/c? I want a Turbo.
bah turbo :P

With the PW kit your still going to give Nate a run for his money.....but yes the torque on a turbo is what makes me sad when I drive my car...cuz it doesn't have an awfull lot :(
I just want to keep up with Nate...ok...maybe beat him! :lol: ;)
hardk0re,Jan 18 2006, 05:12 PM Wrote:bah turbo :P

[right][snapback]165726[/snapback][/right]

Only way to go man. :D

You should have never gotten rid of your 1st setup. :P ;)
Im pretty sure im going to go with the Roush. It's a good deal and good enough power out of the box so...
I would do the Roush kit.
ZX3TUNR,Jan 18 2006, 06:45 PM Wrote:I would do the Roush kit.
[right][snapback]165748[/snapback][/right]

Im pretty sure im going with it...I gave have a pretty good deal so.
I liek my turbo :lol: and nate wont run me :angry: oh well maybe next year :P
Flofocus,Jan 18 2006, 06:10 PM Wrote:...You should have never gotten rid of your 1st setup.  :P  ;)
[right][snapback]165742[/snapback][/right]

My 1st setup was little more than some nice painted scrap pipes attached to a turbo. It needed too much work and damnit I just wanted to drive it, happy with the s/c thus far....wish for the TQ, but the 1/4 mile times are half decent reguardless of the seat of the pants feel.

DD1,Jan 18 2006, 07:47 PM Wrote:I liek my turbo :lol:  and nate wont run me :angry:  oh well maybe next year :P
[right][snapback]165759[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I'll run ya.....I need practice before I can start talking s**t though :P
Flofocus,Jan 18 2006, 10:41 PM Wrote:
DD1,Jan 18 2006, 07:47 PM Wrote:I liek my turbo :lol:  and nate wont run me :angry:  oh well maybe next year :P
[right][snapback]165759[/snapback][/right]

:lol: I'll run ya.....I need practice before I can start talking s**t though :P
[right][snapback]165796[/snapback][/right]

I can give you lots of practice about talkin s**t.

Don, your car is so slow I could drag an elevator behind mine and still beat you with time to drink all your beer.
What kind of setup should I get??? I mean, should I keep the same PSI that the kit give or upgrade it right away.

What kind of gauge would I need??
The roush kit is pretty good and comes with everything you need, i'm not sure how the tune is.

Your gonna want a boost gauge, and perhaps a wideband a/f gauge. Maybe oil temp/oil pressure gauges both relatively important when your externalizing the oil. You can determine if you've "sprung a leak" :P

Theres a guy on FF selling a complete brand new focuspower kit, with full 2.5" exhaust and pro racer package. Everything is brand new the guy said he never installed it.....
hardk0re,Jan 19 2006, 10:53 AM Wrote:The roush kit is pretty good and comes with everything you need, i'm not sure how the tune is.

Your gonna want a boost gauge, and perhaps a wideband a/f gauge.  Maybe oil temp/oil pressure gauges both relatively important when your externalizing the oil.  You can determine if you've "sprung a leak" :P

Theres a guy on FF selling a complete brand new focuspower kit, with full 2.5" exhaust and pro racer package.  Everything is brand new the guy said he never installed it.....
[right][snapback]165840[/snapback][/right]

ok, with the Roush kit is it all bolt on?? So, this kit could be install in weekend?

I'll need boost gauge and oil gauge...are the digital one better?
Id add a AF wideband on that to for guauges.....That was 1 of my mistakes.

Yeah, WE can install it in a week-end. :P :lol:
Pages: 1 2