FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Carbon Fiber Hood Wish...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been tossing around the idea of a carbon fiber hood sometime this summer, and I'm looking for something somewhat functional (lighter, and venting over stock)....

I like the look of the evo hoods, but the one I find the most has retarded-looking vents (and most likely useless as well)...

I recently stumbled on this little gem..

[Image: 00FFFUZCFH.jpg] for the focus.. Any idea if anyone makes something with the elise-like curves, but without that nose-cone-hole? I'm not sucking in birds, I just want to vent some hot air from the engine bay in the summer time.

thoughts?

Pimp hood.

Want to vent some hot air from the engine bay? Leaf-blower, custom-mounted to the firewall and venting through the hood. Super-trick, y0.
I want one too! :D Do they have them for the 05's...? :D
good luck findin any hoods for the 05s
the only place i found was deftracing the same place kat got hers from
carbon and/or Kevlar hoods disapate heat so quickly , venting is useless unless it is to injest air into the intake or you have a turbo RIGHT UNDER(almost touching) the hood and do not want to discolour the weave.
05blackzx5,Jan 3 2006, 08:09 PM Wrote:good luck findin any hoods for the 05s
the only place i found was deftracing    the same place kat got hers from
[right][snapback]163064[/snapback][/right]

he doesnt have an 05...so there is a bit more choice out there.
I also wish someone made a CF hood that wasn't CF on Fiberglass, but that might be asking too much.

I might just get the ricer EVO hood (non vis)... it's all gonna get painted anyways...
Letting heat out of your engine bay good! Letting all that rain into your engine bay.... very bad.

Too busy for me but still cool.