FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Side Skirts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know where you can get a basic set of paintable side skirts? Is it even worthwhile to paint up the factory black ones?
there are many aftermarket side skirts avaliable for the focus now, do a search on this forum for the pics, or, if not enough, go to http://www.focaljet.com to search!

as for painting stock side skirts, i've done it to my car, and here's a pic! (the yellow one is mine)
(i think it looks good and i did have aftermarket side skirts before)
[Image: 100_0833.jpg]
That's perfect, thanks! I want something to clean it up a bit, but most sets of skirts are too big and/or too ricey for my taste. I like my cars really clean and simple.

Might just go with painting the stockers.
Your focus is white? Here's mine:

[Image: f175b4a4.jpg]
[Image: f175b5c0.jpg]
Black_ZTS,Dec 11 2005, 10:56 AM Wrote:Your focus is white?  Here's mine:

[Image: f175b4a4.jpg]
[Image: f175b5c0.jpg]
[right][snapback]160400[/snapback][/right]

That looks like the route I plan on taking.... pretty much like that, but with the FRPP 17" rally wheels in white.

Hmm. Might be cheaper to just pull all the trim pieces off and do it myself...

I'm also noticing that neither of you have your door handles painted? I know that they're a PITA to remove.... would that be the reason?
for me.... i left the door handles to black because i think it looks better!
i think it matches more with my partial painted side mirror and my tint!

and, the door of the focus is too big, i think if u paint the door handle as well it'll be too much in my opinion!!

i don't know about him but i know the zx5 come with the side moldings painted already!
If you're white and tinting out the car (windows anyways), leave the handles black. If you're going to have other colours / accents, you might want to consider painting them.

[Image: th_IMG_1007.jpg]

Yet another example of how black handles suit a car with tint, as it breaks up the monotony.
I want to keep my door handle black to match my Black n White theme.