FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shift Knobs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this might be a stupid question but did anyone have any probs changing the shifter on their 5 speeds cuz of the ring to put the car in reverse????
I had to remove my ring, who needs reverse lockout anyway....
1... 2... 3... REVERSE! :ph34r:
I just removed mine too, then you can put any shift knob on you want. If you need the reverse lock-out to keep you from putting the car in reverse by accident you prolly shouldn't be driving a 5spd anyways.
lol true say
thanx datz all i needed to know
There are some aftermarket knobs that allow you to keep your reverse lockout, but you've got a pretty limited selection.

Removing the lockout feature is really simple and then you'll be able to use any shift knob you want.. except if you use one designed for a reverse lockout shaft it'll look funny :P
ring...reverse lockout? I just changed the knob. I didn't see no ring. Is this a Zetec item only?
The IB5 in the SPI sedans / wagons is known for being quite different than the MTX75 in the Zetec-powered cars. Could be a design difference for sure.
Ah ok. Well like someone already mentioned, its kinda hard to go 1rst, 2nd, 3rd, REVERSE!!!. Reverse lockout is over-rated anyway.