FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Odometer Trick?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you do for the odometer trick? I used to do it all the time but i forgot...

i took out my speed-hut gauges and need to reset everything.
with key off, hold down trip odo reset. Start car. Keep holding till trip odo flashes... cycle through by pushing the reset as needed... tach is 8 presses, etc.

resets when you turn the car off.
What is the purpose of this? or can you explain it further?

I remember a few years back I was stuck in traffic and this guy in a modded black ZX3 next to me was trying to explain this odometer trick to me but the light changed and I did not get what the purpose of this was. Thanks.
You can pull pass codes, change your Digital display to read KM/hr or Miles/hr instead of your Gas tank trip or whatever its called. I found it handy to give the exact idle to Tom for fine tuning. Thats another thing it will give you the exact RPM, something good if you've fawked up installing your guages and need to know if theyre set right.....
taking off my gauges the rpm needle came off, so i just want to reset everything and make sure it reads right.

Thanks NOS/Flo
So how do you cycle thru them. It'd be cool to have it read km/h as opposed to the milage since last fill
just keep pushing the reset button and it'll scroll through all of them ...
Yeah, obvisouly, it will read 0.00, but make sur eyou select the right one.....you can have both Miles and Km's/hr on it, and the selection is right after another so you may have to drive around to figure out which one your on.....
So what are all the different readings? KMH, MPH, RPM......thats it?!
The rest are DTC codes and other settings... I think one is voltage, another coolant temperature. Don't quote me, it's been months.
microbunny,Nov 10 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:So what are all the different readings?  KMH, MPH, RPM......thats it?!
[right][snapback]154954[/snapback][/right]

here you go bunny boy

http://www.focushacks.com/index.php?modid=13
Ahh thank you sir!