FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Any One Have An Orp On Their Car?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking into getting the Focus Central ORP for my SVT. I like the tone of the stock exhaust, but I would like it a bit louder (more power doesn't hurt either), and I'm not ready to step up to replacing the entire exhaust which is pretty good from the factory. Also forget about E-test warnings as live in MB. Just wanted some opinions on this part if anyone has one on their car.
i hear chopping the "lunch box" before the tip makes a slight difference. when spring comes around i will be chopping mine off.
yeah i did that to my ZX3, it was nice and not too loud.
i have a used Gen2 FC one for sale
i also have a RT Svt cat pipe...
why not sell the svt header and get a full out race header? Allot of regular zetec guys would pay good coin for the svt header/cat combo.
hardk0re,Oct 26 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:why not sell the svt header and get a full out race header? Allot of regular zetec guys would pay good coin for the svt header/cat combo.
[right][snapback]151872[/snapback][/right]
the svt header is probably the best design on the market, don't get rid of it!
Damn Mitch just a little to late. If I would have known you had one I would have asked about it, but I already bought a used one of FF. I thought about the cat, but cheaped out and went with the used ORP for a 1/4th of the cost. I've seen lots of mixed reviews about the ORP and this way if I don't like it I haven't lost much.

svt_rodg,Oct 27 2005, 09:44 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Oct 26 2005, 09:11 PM Wrote:why not sell the svt header and get a full out race header? Allot of regular zetec guys would pay good coin for the svt header/cat combo.
[right][snapback]151939[/snapback][/right]

I have no interest in a race header, as I said I just want it a little bit louder. The SVTF header seems to be optimized for the engine and the only reason I would ever unbolt it is to have it ceramic coated.
SVT ZX3,Oct 27 2005, 09:17 AM Wrote:I have no interest in a race header, as I said I just want it a little bit louder. The SVTF header seems to be optimized for the engine and the only reason I would ever unbolt it is to have it ceramic coated.
[right][snapback]151946[/snapback][/right]
i am interested in coating it as well, let me know how that goes.
svt_rodg,Oct 26 2005, 11:58 AM Wrote:i hear chopping the "lunch box" before the tip makes a slight difference.  when spring comes around i will be chopping mine off.
[right][snapback]151688[/snapback][/right]

Thats the way the ST comes factory... its a nice tone.. not too loud
svt_rodg,Oct 27 2005, 09:44 AM Wrote:
[right][snapback]151939[/snapback][/right]

Sorry I read something about chopping and somehow thought you were chopping the catalytic out... :rolleyes:

Yes yes this is a very good header, I thought that if you were going to chop it up mind as well sell it but yeah I was out to lunch on that one!

I think chopping the lunch box out would be pretty good, you'd have to cut that part up if you wanted to remove the exhaust anyway...its worth a try as I see it.
the ORP on the Svt doesn't sound bad it's a little raspier but not all that loud or harsh.

if it doesn't work out for you i can get you a SVT RT cat if you like...
Well the ORP was installed last Friday. At normal driving (1/4 to 1/2 throttle) its nice, except at about 2100 it comes in pretty loud, but when you drop the hammer it just bellows! It's sounds kind of ricey, but its a 4 cyl right? I'm slowly getting used to it, so I'll probably give it till spring to make up my mind on weather I'm leaving it on or not.
SVT ZX3,Nov 30 2005, 03:35 PM Wrote:Well the ORP was installed last Friday. At normal driving (1/4 to 1/2 throttle) its nice, except at about 2100 it comes in pretty loud, but when you drop the hammer it just bellows! It's sounds kind of ricey, but its a 4 cyl right? I'm slowly getting used to it, so I'll probably give it till spring to make up my mind on weather I'm leaving it on or not.
[right][snapback]158598[/snapback][/right]
did you chop the "lunch box?" does it sound like a farter?
I left the box on, just because I still want to be able to go back to 100%stock if ever necessary. Like I said it sounds kind of ricey.