FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Changing Fuel Filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what do i have to do? does anything need to be turned off and will the filter and lines shoot fuel out when i disconnect them.
pull the fuel filter hose i believe its fuse # 12 or 13 in the under hood panel...

start car..
let car stall out

change filter.

Its very easy with the special fuel line pullers. but i can get by using just my hands to pop those clips.
sweet thanks
on my 2002, underhood relay 7 is the fuel system relay... the one I pull whenever I do a flash on the car. but the car won't even start if I pull that fuse.

Check your owner's manual just to be sure.
Yup, theres a relay and a fuse.

The fuse just disables the pump.

I've changed it the same way on both my 01zx3 and my 03svt

check the owners manual for sure for teh fuse #
worked perfectly
and now the car runs normal!!
don't bother pulling the fuse just have a drip tray handy, you'll need it anyway.

remove the gas cap to release the presure in the tank. jack up the car, pull the filter and try and blow through it in the direction of flow, you "SHOULD" be able to blow through it with the ease of blowing through a Mcdonalds Straw. if not change it. if you blow on it and your face gose red and you look like an old-school Jazzman wailing on a trumpet, change your filter or often.

if you have a high modified engine i suggest filter changes every 10-15k kms.
if you have FI on your car, change every 2nd oil change and CHECK every oil change or when needed. nothing worse that going lean with FI because of a plugged fuel filter.
ZX5focused,Oct 14 2005, 04:15 PM Wrote:worked perfectly
and now the car runs normal!!
[right][snapback]149097[/snapback][/right]
HIZAAAA!~
zee ya tomorra!
Why not just have the car running and hit the fuel pump kill switch in the passenger side kick panel to stop it?

Ryan

hmmm....my fuel filter has about 60k on it.....maybe its time for a change :P

could be the reason why we kept needing to add fuel to my tune....
such a big deal about a fuel filter.

jack car up.
disconect lines
have a bucket ready becuase gasoline is going to come out
put new fuel filter in
hook up lines

DONT start car up right away becuase it may not start. Turn key on and off about 2-3 times to kick in the fuel pump. Start car up now.

DONE
I'll be doing this on the weekend. Can I get a filter at CT or do I have to goto the dealer????

Scoob, I'll PM you for more details.!
I cant remember how much I paid at the dealor but it was under $30.
I think I paid $14 for the fuel filter at the dealer 6 months ago.
Thanks guys.
14.00 at cdn tire.
scoobasteve,Oct 17 2005, 10:48 AM Wrote:14.00 at cdn tire.
[right][snapback]149556[/snapback][/right]
my CT wanted $19, even wiht my discount, the dealer was cheaper. make sure they give u the right one.
fa-q... 19.00

it went up in price alot since last year!
This might be a silly question but, where is the filter in a 4 dr sedan (03')? what side of the car is it under? :huh:

Pages: 1 2