FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fswerks Turbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Oscar, Which turbo did you go with? GT28r, RS or 2871R? Im debating on what to go with, the 2871 is larger correct? im considering it over the others.
GFXjamie,Jun 25 2009, 10:33 AM Wrote:Oscar, Which turbo did you go with? GT28r, RS or 2871R? Im debating on what to go with, the 2871 is larger correct? im considering it over the others.
[right][snapback]290115[/snapback][/right]

I believe the one I got was the stock one. Its a GT28r. It all depends on where you want your horsepower and how much you will push your car. I like the additional quick throttle and response midrange, good for road and passing slow civics.
Go with the bigger one 4 sure even an upgrade to a gt30 Would be alot better I orginally had a precsion turbo kit with a gt28 great for instant boost but only ran 13.9's at the track and I think I squeeked out one 13.6 with a perfect launch and some tail winds.
ZX3_2NV,Jun 26 2009, 09:08 AM Wrote:Go with the bigger one 4 sure even an upgrade to a gt30 Would be alot better I orginally had a precsion turbo kit with a gt28 great for instant boost but only ran 13.9's at the track and I think I squeeked out one 13.6 with a perfect launch and some tail winds.
[right][snapback]290163[/snapback][/right]

Why not go even bigger?
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/jalo...riple_Turbo.jpg
Well i am going to go with the available turbos from focussport because then i can keep the warranty and everything that goes with it, better to have a warranty on that because my cars will be void lol.

I am looking for high 13's so i guess the GT2871R will likely be the best option, either way from the size it will have a good spool up time and give good output. If i end up doing a full build in the future i would upgrade to something larger and run a ton of boost and be putting out over 300 to the wheels but thats not happening right now or with the MTX transmission lol
Pages: 1 2