FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Twin Turbo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to put a Twin Turbo in a Foci?
Yes but its stupid and a waste of money. Hence why no one comes out with twin turbo kits for cars.
not to mention just how innefficient it would be...
darkpuppet,Aug 31 2005, 05:06 PM Wrote:not to mention just how innefficient it would be...
[right][snapback]137886[/snapback][/right]

Why would it be innefficient?
cause spooling up 2 turbos out of a 2L would take to much time, you would have way to much lag.
D-Dub,Aug 31 2005, 11: Wrote:cause spooling up 2 turbos out of a 2L would take to much time, you would have way to much lag.
[right][snapback]137941[/snapback][/right]

dude... stf, :lol:

if you were to twin turbo a 2 liter, I hope you would use such small turbo... i.e. designed for being spooled by 1 liter, there should be no LAG AT ALL...

it is just stupid to do this because of the increased hassle to do so.

B)
Alright...it seen's like it's not a great idea so i'll stick with the 1 turbo.
unless your in show, and multiple turbo mean more points, there is no need for it, it is used on V engine for ease of turbo manifold, but as you must know, a lot of TT cars from factory benefit from swapping for a single matched turbo in both power and reliability.
Your having enuff of a hard time making up your mind with 1 turbo. Dont go confusing yourself with another one. :P :lol:
Flofocus,Sep 1 2005, 04:09 PM Wrote:Your having enuff of a hard time making up your mind with 1 turbo.  Dont go confusing yourself with another one.  :P  :lol:
[right][snapback]138217[/snapback][/right]

:lol: :D!
french_connection,Aug 31 2005, 07:06 PM Wrote:
D-Dub,Aug 31 2005, 11: Wrote:cause spooling up 2 turbos out of a 2L would take to much time, you would have way to much lag.
[right][snapback]137941[/snapback][/right]

dude... stf, :lol:

if you were to twin turbo a 2 liter, I hope you would use such small turbo... i.e. designed for being spooled by 1 liter, there should be no LAG AT ALL...

it is just stupid to do this because of the increased hassle to do so.

B)
[right][snapback]137945[/snapback][/right]

Never heard of one liter cars or turbos designed for them, so hence why I said there would be lag................
you could run anything on anything, I saw a mustang running a huge caterpillar turbo diesel turbo converted for racing...

you can get any size turbo if you look allright...
well doesn't the application of TT resolve the lag issue? a smaller turbo for low end and a bigger one for top end?

how would going TT = lots of lag?
Nass, depending on how you set them up, lets use a V8 for example, you could run 1 turbo to feed 8 cylinders, or you could use 2 half sized turbo to feed 4 cylinders each, which would decreased the spool time.

or, you could go in serie, small turbo followed by a big turbo... but I dont know too much about this setup. It sounds kinda frankenstein to me.
french_connection,Sep 6 2005, 04:28 PM Wrote:Nass, depending on how you set them up, lets use a V8 for example, you could run 1 turbo to feed 8 cylinders, or you could use 2 half sized turbo to feed 4 cylinders each, which would decreased the spool time.

or, you could go in serie, small turbo followed by a big turbo... but I dont know too much about this setup. It sounds kinda frankenstein to me.
[right][snapback]139381[/snapback][/right]

hmm I thought that most TT setups were small>bigger turbos.... I know that the Audi S4 is like that the older ones before they went NA but then again I don't know too much about turbo setups I just like the sound they make

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooshhhhh pssssssss
Isnt that why the S4 setup is called BIturbo instead of twin turbo

I thought biturbo setups had the small turbo feeding into the large to reduce the lag

vs twin turbos... twin seperated turbos.
k now you're getting picky!
header - turbo - BOV - turbo - BOV - Intake

and u get a double wooooooooooooooosh pssssssssssss :lol:

scoobasteve,Sep 6 2005, 04:27 PM Wrote:Isnt that why the S4 setup is called BIturbo instead of twin turbo

I thought biturbo setups had the small turbo feeding into the large to reduce the lag

vs twin turbos... twin seperated turbos.
[right][snapback]139515[/snapback][/right]

nass,Sep 7 2005, 01:18 PM Wrote:k now you're getting picky!
[right][snapback]139775[/snapback][/right]

Haha, i was clarifying it for myself too.
Twinscroll. Effective power through the full rpm range and no lag.
Pages: 1 2