FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sister Dropped A Basketball Net On My Car!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all i would like to apologize for my two month disappearance from these forums, unfortunately after Anothony's bbq i decided to pick up a summer half credit course. So with work, school and frosh organization for my university i was swamped.

Anwyays i need your opinion on what should i do. Yesterday my 10 year old sister decided to move the basketball net, of course this ended in bad news for me. She dropped the net onto the left front corner of my hood creating a shallow 4" across dent and 2" x 2" scuff and couple paint chips around it. I will post pictures as soon as i borrow my friends digital camera. anyways i was wondering what was the best way to deal with this, it does need to be painted or buffed remove the scar like dent and paint scuffs, but should i be filling this whole in (with fiberglass?), pulling it out, or using PDR? Of course pictures are needed for this post but hopefully in a day or two i'll have them up.
Get a new hood?

Hmm, i'd need to see pics before i can make a reccomendation.
How much does an OEM hood cost? I have a black car...
ok, I don't recomend FILLING dents with anything. Run to canadian tire, buy a dent pulling kit. Do the best you can with that, (Ding king is 30 bucks) and buy some touch up paint while ur there and fill the chips after a good cleaning.

OR, just take it to a pro.
Look up one of these places that fixes dents. It's your best bet. Some places will come right to your house.
Dent Doctor....

One of their guys works out of my uncles detailing shop in brampton.
I would suggest killing your sister first. Or atleast holding her ransom until your parents pay for her fuktardness. :D
meford4u,Aug 29 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:I would suggest killing your sister first.  Or atleast holding her ransom until your parents pay for her fuktardness. :D
[right][snapback]136744[/snapback][/right]

Lmao..... :lol: and I some how agree with this too.... :lol:
meford4u,Aug 29 2005, 01:10 PM Wrote:I would suggest killing your sister first.  Or atleast holding her ransom until your parents pay for her fuktardness. :D

Agree.

me too
And if your looking for a new hood, why not go CF?
New hood $240.59
smith21,Aug 29 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:

me too
And if your looking for a new hood, why not go CF?
[right][snapback]136788[/snapback][/right]

He's a student.

His ass is broke.
I would love to kill her but shes my dads favourite so thats out of the question... if it was my other sister i could of pulled it off.

I was looking at my hood again and i noticed that the dent had ruin the lines on the hood. If you look at your own focus hood and those curves in the hood on the sides and where they come to a point at the front of the hood is where my dent is and it has destroyed that point, flattened it out, my friend is coming over now with a digital camera, expect pictures up in 2 hours and then you guys can judge.

i wouldn't be opposed to buying a new hood if it turned that the price of fixing my current hood is close to buying a new one. If i bought an OEM hood would i be able to buy it in black or would it be a mill finished hood?
So I suppose selling her intop slavery for the cost of the repairs is out of the question too then? :lol:

Seriously though, I'm sure the Dent Wizard chain can fix the dent, the paints gonna be a bit of manual labour if you wanna do it yourself though...

NefCanuck
The Dents

Alright heres the pictures of the dents they are not that big but it is noticeable when you approach the car. Tell me what you guys think. I have worked with automotive paint before but on pylon signs. I do know how to fiberglass and spray paint but what would you guys suggest?
IMO, as a painter, that hood is toast. Pic #3 says it all. If you get that thing bondo, it's going to be a problem with chipping and peeling on the front hood forever. You need a new hood.
buy a new hood.
So i was looking around on the focus fanatics forum for places to buy hoods and costs and i was wondering if they are any Canadian retailers, should i just be going to ford or is there other companies that sell hoods here in Canada.

So do you guys think its even worth it to get the dent pulled out by a professional?
Do you think its even worth repainting the hood?
Either...

1. Kill sister...the use her money to pay for the damage

or

2. Use her head to knock the dent out from the inside

LOL
You should take it to a dent place or body shop and see what they estimate the cost to fix it, and see what they tell you about whether or not it is fixable. If it creased the hood I dont think there's much you can do about it, aside from replacing, or living with it.
Pages: 1 2