FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Rims....yet Again....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: newrims_again.jpg]

I think I am king s**t here for buying and selling and pretty much i've been keeping my losses to a minumum and comming out ok.

New Rims are Velox VXr6, I knew that maybe they would be slightly lighter but what I found was crazy.

I weighed my old rims, they tipped the scales at 46-47lb. Pretty damn heavy. Then I weighted in the new replacements and I was shocked to see that they were only 33-34lb. I put the others on the scale just to make sure it wasn't 36-37, nope...46-47.

Thats with rubber, I don't think they are anywhere near the ultra light wheel segment but I think performance wise i'm going to possibly see a difference.

BTW, my old rims are still for sale :P
Looks good bud. How much did they set ya back if ya don't mind me askin?
Holy s**t kevin those are some heavy rims for size :P :P .

My 18" with rubber only weight 32lbs.

LOL Now drop it :D :D
$600 w/ rubber.

Yeah these are still pretty heavy but definetly better than the 47lb ones :P
hardk0re,Aug 11 2005, 10:22 AM Wrote:$600 w/ rubber.

Yeah these are still pretty heavy but definetly better than the 47lb ones :P
[right][snapback]131514[/snapback][/right]

Are they new?
I think they were black zx3's
Not bad.
Those rims are spankin good.. they weigh 17 lbs (without rubber) which is amazingly light for 17's of that quality... and the 6 spoke design isn't common (normally it's the 8 spoke that people get).

Look awesome on the car. Don't sell these ones
i like em! drop it like its hawt!
I noticed the difference dropping over 10lb per rim...never thought it would make such a difference but it definetly does.....

Yes these were BlackZX3's rims.....
hardk0re,Aug 12 2005, 12:14 AM Wrote:I noticed the difference dropping over 10lb per rim...never thought it would make such a difference but it definetly does.....

Yes these were BlackZX3's rims.....
[right][snapback]132048[/snapback][/right]

well kev, they look good!
love the lip dislike the spokes.....