FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Painting Rims
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I plan on buying some 15" stock rims from a Focus ZX3 for my LX. I was wondeirng though, I wanted brass or gun metal rims. The stock rims are a brushed silver or aluminum colour. How hard would it be to paint these either gun metal or brass?

Also is chrome dipping these things a bad idea?
ThraxXx,Aug 8 2005, 12:28 AM Wrote:Also is chrome dipping these things a bad idea?
[right][snapback]129069[/snapback][/right]

Chrome isn't applied by dipping.. it's eletroplated on... very cool process.

To be completely honest with you dude, I think the best option right now instead of wasting a couple hundred on stockers is to take a look at the rims Kevin (hardk0re) is selling. They look super nice, and he's a great guy to deal with. I dunno if you're in Ontario or not, but if you are considering an upgrade, that's the route I'd take. He's asking $550, but talk to him and see what he says. They come with rubber and the whole bit. Just my 2 cents :)

[Image: 15059newrims3.jpg]
I'd suggest Kevin's 17s as well. His price is ultra-reasonable, and you get top-quality s**t. Nuff said.

You've seen my wheels in person enough times, they're Kevin's old S2 stockers.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 8 2005, 07:41 AM Wrote:I'd suggest Kevin's 17s as well. His price is ultra-reasonable, and you get top-quality s**t. Nuff said.

You've seen my wheels in person enough times, they're Kevin's old S2 stockers.
[right][snapback]129092[/snapback][/right]

I thought you were against using 17"ers in NB?
Quiet you - I tried talking you out of 17s on these roads, and everywhere else in the North for that matter. If you guys think it's easy, go nuts :ph34r:
Keep in mind...the reason I was going with the 15 stock wheels was because i can get some decent winters for it or all seasons. I don't want to go through the process of removing one set of rims to put on another one. Remember...this is my winter car...not my summer car.
Hes buying my wheels.

Guys, fawk off, he doesnt need Kevin's wheels. :P
ThraxXx,Aug 8 2005, 01:28 AM Wrote:Hey all,

I plan on buying some 15" stock rims from a Focus ZX3 for my LX.  I was wondeirng though, I wanted brass or gun metal rims.  The stock rims are a brushed silver or aluminum colour.  How hard would it be to paint these either gun metal or brass?

For an extra $20/wheel I'll paint them for ya to & fix the minor scratches on them to.
I'd take him up on that offer. Well worth it if you want a "bolt on and forget it" solution.
Flofocus,Aug 8 2005, 09:30 AM Wrote:

I plan on buying some 15" stock rims from a Focus ZX3 for my LX.  I was wondeirng though, I wanted brass or gun metal rims.  The stock rims are a brushed silver or aluminum colour.  How hard would it be to paint these either gun metal or brass?

For an extra $20/wheel I'll paint them for ya to & fix the minor scratches on them to.
[right][snapback]129123[/snapback][/right]

roger roger...so 280 and you will have them looking nice and brass like?
ThraxXx,Aug 8 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]129168[/snapback][/right]

I paint with Duplicolor wheel paint.

You have the choices of 4 colors.

-Silver
-Black
-Gunmetal
-Bronze

Do gunmetal/black or silver. Bronze wont look good on green IMO. <_<
Flofocus,Aug 8 2005, 11:03 AM Wrote:
ThraxXx,Aug 8 2005, 10:38 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]129168[/snapback][/right]

I paint with Duplicolor wheel paint.

You have the choices of 4 colors.

-Silver
-Black
-Gunmetal
-Bronze

Do gunmetal/black or silver. Bronze wont look good on green IMO. <_<
[right][snapback]129192[/snapback][/right]

Gunmetal is like a dark grey right...I will go with that....however can the lip be left silver? ... if there is a lip that is.
Yes its like a dark grey.

PM me with the pick up details and well chat about what you want to do about the color.