FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2001 - 2002 Facelift Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, So I finally got around to putting on the bumper. It's only 50% finished I have to take the car back to the body shop in Toronto to complete the rest of the look but it's only another 2 more weeks till the cars done !!!! :D .

I honestly love the new front end just the way it is right now. but remember it's only 50% done.

[Image: 000_0141.jpg]
[Image: 000_0140.jpg]
[Image: 000_0139.jpg]

With the Euro Plate on the car

[Image: 000_0144.jpg]
[Image: 000_0143.jpg]
[Image: 000_0145.jpg]
[Image: 000_0142.jpg]
looks good.
are you going with the jms lip. I think they are awesome with those bumpers.
that looks awsome phil! can wait to see it 100% finished
Look's nice. Nice work Phil.
Looks really good, that's the bumper I would have on my car if I had money..

It just sucks that you guys have to keep your ON front plate, it looks so out of place on the skinny wide plate indentation.
looks really nice, tho i must agree the plate doesn't nothing for your wonderful front bumper!

can't wait to see it fully done!
Wow, what a difference since we saw you in June!!

looking 100 times better man...good job!
thanks guys, I love the euro front plate too, I hate the fact I had to put my Ontario plate on there too, I'd love to keep the euro plate on there all the time but I don't want the ticket so more or less, I'm keeping the Euro plate as a show only add-on.

As for the Lip, I'm using a custom fitted Xenon front lip since I have not heard of them making one for the facelift bumper as of yet.

Umm guilty it was actually really cheap to buy, I got it off e-Bay.co.uk from a guy willing to ship out of country, it was only £130.00p Quid, or $310.00 CAD Shipped from the U.K. and $10 for the duties, and I only paid $15 to Mitch for the tow hook cover, and $60 for painting ( good body shop / brother-in-law's friend ), and it took around 2 hours to fit it in.
actually you paid nothing for the tow hook cover, check your paypal.
very nice bumper!
Nice.
toight!
for the plate, wouldn't you be able to keep the euro one on, and mount the ontario plate somewhere else on the front bumper?
smith21,Aug 2 2005, 01:34 PM Wrote:for the plate, wouldn't you be able to keep the euro one on, and mount the ontario plate somewhere else  on the front bumper?
[right][snapback]127158[/snapback][/right]

ya and get a shitload of tickets too, for displaying a foreign plate affixed to oyur car uner the ontario highway traffic act.

Hey Frost, how bad was the re-bar trimming?
Suprisingly I didn't have to trim it at all. The Rebar fits in a little snug into the facelift bumper almost perfectly, but for sure you need some one there to help keep pushing the bumper on the car till you get the screws into place.

I did some checking Paolo with some measurements for the 98 - 01 bumper, and you'll have to do a large cut out in the corners of rebar just to fit in the bumper turn signels into place. I'm not sure about where or if there are air bag trigger points in the rebar or not.

But if you need help to do this project paolo, I'll gladly help you out it's a 2 person job that takes about 1.5 - 2 hrs to fit in the bumper or install it.
Frost__2001,Aug 2 2005, 08:14 PM Wrote:Suprisingly I didn't have to trim it at all. The Rebar fits in a little snug into the facelift bumper almost perfectly, but for sure you need some one there to help keep pushing the bumper on the car till you get the screws into place.

I did some checking Paolo with some measurements for the 98 - 01 bumper, and you'll have to do a large cut out in the corners of rebar just to fit in the bumper turn signels into place. I'm not sure about where or if there are air bag trigger points in the rebar or not.

But if you need help to do this project paolo, I'll gladly help you out it's a 2 person job that takes about 1.5 - 2 hrs to fit in the bumper or install it.
[right][snapback]127303[/snapback][/right]

no prob. that sucks that the 99-01 bumpers need more trimming. Gues I can meet with you this saturday if ur not busy.
That looks pimp. The more I look at it, the more I like it. :)
paolo,Aug 2 2005, 10:23 PM Wrote:no prob. that sucks that the 99-01 bumpers need more trimming.  Gues I can meet with you this saturday if ur not busy.
[right][snapback]127350[/snapback][/right]

Well I'll be at the Dyno day so, yeah we can talk for sure about it.