FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ebay Cai
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I was checking out CAI's on ebay and the prices are very attractive. Are they worth buying off there or is the quality just not there?

I was looking at this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7987306900

It says it fits a 00-04 focus. I have a 05 Focus ZX3. Think it'll still fit?

Thanks.
Sure it will go on. But it probibly wont fit properly.
Mason,Jul 20 2005, 08:44 AM Wrote:Sure it will go on. But it probibly wont fit properly.
[right][snapback]123671[/snapback][/right]

Depend son which seller, I know some sellers sell some that will require minor modifications.

I bought one 4 years ago. It's still on the car, just serves as another purpose now. ;)

Great product for the price. Better than spending over $250 for an AEM that is known to break in the exact same places as the ebay ones.
or maybe ill design one for you - is it in the engine compartment?

r u up at the barie bbq

if its a short ram - ill install it that day

If you have a duratec engine in your 05 then the intake is in the front. Canadian 00-04 focuses had either Zetec or SPI engines with the intake on the back. The piping would be all wrong.
dBlast,Jul 20 2005, 01:58 PM Wrote:If you have a duratec engine in your 05 then the intake is in the front.  Canadian 00-04 focuses had either Zetec or SPI engines with the intake on the back.  The piping would be all wrong.
[right][snapback]123851[/snapback][/right]

DING DING DING... We have a winner...

Dont go ebay... look elsewhere for the Cai
If you look elsewhere expect to pay $100 - $200 more for the exact same thing. I dunno why but ppl seem to think there is a huge differece between a pipe?

Its all the same s**t.
in this case he wants to put an 00-04 intake on a duratec
oh lol well then. I should really start reading.

I dont think there is much "ebay" parts for the duratec yet. How how ever making a custom duratex instale would be super easy.
That intake will not work on your 2005!

The 05' Duratec engine, as mentioned has the intake and box at the front of the engine compartment.

There are a few intakes available for the 05's. Focussport has one, steeda has a short ram, cosworth, AEM, and a K&N aircharger is available too!!

You can also look into making your own, as was recommended to me by many people...get tubing bent, get a generic filter, mount your MAF sensor on the tube and you'll probably save 100.00 or more and be just as effective.

Honestly the Stedda short ram unit looks pretty nice and avoids having the cone filter behind the bumper...