FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cutting Down The Shifter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I'm growing tired of the foot long shifter that sticks out of my console. My buddy said he just cut his with a hacksaw on his talon but it seems to me that cutting it on a focus would be quite difficult with the reverse lockout thingy. So my question is, has anybody tried this? Pics would be great!
Me and Focis8nt both cut are shifters. Worked like a charm. Easiest way is if you pull the stock boot off and the surrond. It just all snaps off. I then actually removed the shifter from the car think there is a bolt. Took a hacksaw to it and put it back to gether. As for the reverse lock out. I actually did it pretty ghetto. I cut the plastic peice that hold it up then used tape to make it stay in place.

Its pretty easy once you get in there and look at things.
If you're gonna cheap out here's another option

Cheap ebay shifter
I did mine too...Just pull out the reverse lock. And cut it. That's the cheapest way and it works.
wow S2 Isent into this thread yet... Hmmm is he slipping?

Ive also cut mine:

[Image: IMG_1111.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0017.jpg]
I went and got the ebay one!! Actually turned out to be a good purchase!

Here a pic of mine...I just cut it off. Now it's even more short, I cut it more last week.

[Image: shift.gif]
Just make sure that ebay one is the right one. After 2002 I think it was they changed the shifter/tranny in the focus something like that. Happend to Jarrod. He bought a short throw and it was for the wrong year focus

Some guys on ebay dont mention what year it is for or they assume its all the same.
Bleh! just get the steeda Tri-Ax... best mod i've done to the svt so far.
I'm going to say it...

DON'T CUT YOUR SHIFTER!!!

why the hell would you want to move it further from the steering wheel?!
I like the stock height in my 2005. Makes it feasible to use the armrest to rest arm on and shift at same time. Works too when you have long enuff arms to do this. :D
Phantom,Jun 1 2005, 07:12 PM Wrote:I like the stock height in my 2005. Makes it feasible to use the armrest to rest arm on and shift at same time. Works too when you have long enuff arms to do this. :D
[right][snapback]112081[/snapback][/right]

I don't have an armrest anyways