FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Installing Intake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok guys, i picked up my intake today. I read over the instructions from the .pdf files, for the shorty intake by AEM, but mine is a bombs, is there a diff, and do i have to disconnect the battery for 20 mins? also, the bracket that holds the intake up, so it's not smashing against anything..i'm missing that, is there a way i can make/buy it somewhere? and where do i connect it to..thanks for the help guys, i'm just really lost and wanna get this put on SOON!

01-yellow-ZX3

Disconnecting the battery is always a good idea.

Bracket might not be needed, but a piece of bar can be fabbed up easily on your own.
Disconnecting the battery is a great idea as it allows the ECU to see the greater airflow and adjust the air/fuel map accordingly. I re-did mine yesterday because of the car audio work, and it made a world of difference (hadn't been really done since I got the cone).

As for the bracket, try reversing it and then tapping into the black steel bracket that runs behind the battery / battery box. That's actually where I mounted my inline fuse for my amp :)

Just realized you don't have one... hmm. Take some aluminum, cut so that there's a hole in it just larger than the size of the tubing. Measure around in such a way that it makes an "arm" or bracket for the intake. This will be a bit of work, so tin might work as a stop-gap solution being cheap and tough (and hopefully not too ugly) in the meantime till you can fab something a little more durable and "bling" :D

Hit me up on MSN, I'll fire you off a few sketched ideas I've done for mine :)
i was looking at the bombs kits from e-bay, and it looked like there was an L-bracket and just a long piece of metal with 2 or 3 holes in it (at school, can't look at the exact picture) but my question is, where do i connect all of this? I'm lost! but oh well, i'll figure it out, or fab something of my own. But some help would be nice :D