FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 5 Days Till The Focus Rs500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw this on Autoblog Im really interested in what this could be. Is it finally are Performance Focus we have all been waiting for.

[Image: focusrs500tese.jpg]

On March 31 we're going to find out about a thing called the Ford Focus RS 500. The Blue Oval has posted a video of the even-more-hotted-up Focus doing a twilight round of its European test track in Lommel, Belgium. And it sounds rather... fierce. We're trying to figure out exactly what the 500 stands for: Units? Horsepower (don't be silly!)? Something else?

Check out the orginal post for a video

www.AUTOBLOG.com
This might place my Mustang plans on hold...

I wonder if this is maybe a Cosworth tuned RS, borrowing a name from the past?

I'd kill for an original RS500...
[Image: Sierra_RS500_Cosworth.jpg]
Sounds like a Volvo S60 R engine...
i dont think its 500hp thats a little too much for a 4 or 5cyl to be a reliable DD, but id say a solid 300-350. if it does come here, its probably gonna be expensive.
reldridge,Mar 26 2010, 09:06 PM Wrote:This might place my Mustang plans on hold...

I wonder if this is maybe a Cosworth tuned RS, borrowing a name from the past?

I'd kill for an original RS500...
[Image: Sierra_RS500_Cosworth.jpg]
[right][snapback]303965[/snapback][/right]

The Merkur? I had one. Red. And fast.
The Merkur was a Ford Seirra wasn't it? Just the nameplate was changed for North America...?
Yes sir. No Cosworth bits for NA though. I would love to have one now. When I was younger there was a guy who had one on my paper route. I would drool on it every day.
Spinal,Mar 26 2010, 11:03 PM Wrote:i dont think its 500hp thats a little too much for a 4 or 5cyl to be a reliable DD, but id say a solid 300-350. if it does come here, its probably gonna be expensive.
[right][snapback]303967[/snapback][/right]
Apparently the 500 refers to the 500 units to be built, and the engine is 2.5 T with 350 hp, I heard it was actually created by Mountune Performance
looks like my guess for the HP estimate was pretty close lol.
[Image: 630-focus-500rs.jpg]

Yup another car we won't get
*drool*

That would make me do bad things, like take out a huge loan.

I will own a Merkur one day, oh yes, I will...
Oh SNAP, I just came a little. :P
Drivesthebeast,Mar 28 2010, 06:55 AM Wrote:The Merkur was a Ford Seirra wasn't it?  Just the nameplate was changed for North America...?
[right][snapback]304053[/snapback][/right]

There was the Merkur Sierra or whatever 4 door. That pic is the Merkur x4ti or something like that.

Ireland gets the fewest copies at 3
So whats the price on one of these bad boys?
CanadaSVT,Apr 1 2010, 07:07 PM Wrote:
Drivesthebeast,Mar 28 2010, 06:55 AM Wrote:The Merkur was a Ford Seirra wasn't it?  Just the nameplate was changed for North America...?
[right][snapback]304053[/snapback][/right]

There was the Merkur Sierra or whatever 4 door. That pic is the Merkur x4ti or something like that.
[right][snapback]304290[/snapback][/right]

Merkur XR4Ti =

[Image: Merkur2.jpg]

Merkur Scorpio =

[Image: scorpio.jpg]