FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Motor In A Zx3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I was wondering if a SVT motor will fit perfect in a Zx3? Do you need to buy a new clutch or something like that?

ok, thax guys,

Ric
as far as i know i think you need a new tranny.
ill let the more knowledgeable guys chime in though.
I'm selling a SVT engine right now, comes with everything except the header including the trans, shift cables, shifter, ECU also....
Boost til Burst did it... I doubt you'd convince anyone to tell you it's worth it... save yourself the hassles and just turbo it...
Raine,Mar 26 2005, 05:57 AM Wrote:Boost til Burst did it... I doubt you'd convince anyone to tell you it's worth it... save yourself the hassles and just turbo it...
[right][snapback]96552[/snapback][/right]

yea, because turbo setups on a focus are so cheap, reliable and easy.....I havnt seen anyone with a a turbo on a regular zetec motor that made decent power, and was "hassel" free, and affordable.
If you can get the SVT motor cheap and can do a lot of the work yourself then it could work really well, otherwise it's a lot of money for the extra horsepower.
guilty,Mar 27 2005, 07:07 AM Wrote:If you can get the SVT motor cheap and can do a lot of the work yourself then it could work really well, otherwise it's a lot of money for the extra horsepower.
[right][snapback]96729[/snapback][/right]

I've got all of the parts, well most but i still have some questions...i got a svt motor and tranny w/ 2000 miles for 2000 bucks and i've got the tank and pump, axles, spindles, front and rear brakes, gauges, ecu and many other parts...i don't have a few things yet though, like a way to control the dsi. I'm going to use an msd box to control it since the dsi harness is off of the shell harness and not the engine harness. otherwise, there are a few other mystery plugs that i'm waiting to use...any help would be greatly appreciated!
boost til'bust,Mar 26 2005, 10:5 Wrote:
Raine,Mar 26 2005, 05:57 AM Wrote:Boost til Burst did it... I doubt you'd convince anyone to tell you it's worth it... save yourself the hassles and just turbo it...

yea, because turbo setups on a focus are so cheap, reliable and easy.....I havnt seen anyone with a a turbo on a regular zetec motor that made decent power, and was "hassel" free, and affordable.
[right][snapback]96591[/snapback][/right]

Not anyone with decent power on a Zetec? :unsure:

Where have you been? :huh:

Come drive my car. ;)
you can use a 5spd
have you dyno'd your car?

how much HP? im not interested in driving your car, seat of the pants dyno's dont tell you s**t....have you had it to the dragstrip yet?

Flofocus,Apr 19 2005, 01:31 PM Wrote:

Come drive my car. ;)
[right][snapback]102641[/snapback][/right]
No I have not yet. :rolleyes: I will be hitting the rollers within the next couple of weeks.

All I was replying to was your answer about no big power and not being affordable...

I'm still uner the 5k Mark with my setup

And I'm sure I'm well over the 170WHP mark.

I havent had the chance to go to the track yet...I will...

Several people have driven the car....French_connection drove it and hes been driving a boosted SVT, and said the pull feels the same as the JRSC SVT.

I've pulled on the Focus SVT already, like nothing, may I add.

And still...you havent seen a zetec make decent power when boosted, WTF are you looking for? 300HP on pump gas? :huh: Again, where have you been?

Theres plenty of +200HP Turbo zetecs going around. To me thats plenty of power in a focus. ;) B)

Not starting something with you, just saying your comments are not necessarily true.
Boost till Bust is just mad because his engine swap didn't give him the numbers he thought he was gonna get.
well its an svt engine.. the numbers are already there no? can't expect much different

yeah, he used a 5spd but i thought he did 14.8 with it.. those are ok numbers i would think for 170 flywheel hp

but flo did beat that red SVT (not sure who owns it.. shop?) pretty easily didn't he? i've been in his car and it is pretty fast.. but buttdyno is not good enough for others.. i have no doupt it'll pull some good numbers though
Just for the record its not like I went all out and raced Mark (the red SVT owner) here.

We just did a couple of pulls in 2nd and 3rd gear. And yes, I pulled away easily, this isn't even driving it hard either here....

Once the new tune comes in, I will get the dyno and the track times to back up my claims. Dont you guys worry about that. Right now, Im just having to much fun with it. :banger: and that is why I did all this. B)
yeah and even Mark (name i was looking for) said that you were pulling on him pretty easily..

thats why im doing this ;)
all I am saying is that you cant start saying your car is faster than others with a seat of the pants dyno run.

when I put the ford racing intake on my car it had a hell of alot of pull in the upper rpms, and I thought it was faster until I took it to the track, and it ran much slower. I dont think its fair to judge a cars performance based on a seat of the pants dyno.

lets see some lagitimate numbers then you can talk all the smack you want.
boost til'bust,Apr 22 2005, 09:4 Wrote:all I am saying is that you cant start saying your car is faster than others with a seat of the pants dyno run.

when I put the ford racing intake on my car it had a hell of alot of pull in the upper rpms, and I thought it was faster until I took it to the track, and it ran much slower. I dont think its fair to judge a cars performance based on a seat of the pants dyno.

lets see some lagitimate numbers then you can talk all the smack you want.
[right][snapback]103625[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

My car probably had what....110-115 WHP before. :rolleyes:

I think it made little more difference than an intake. ;)
So you mean my 7psi turbo setup, 215whp/225ft. lbs on the dyno, and 13.5@104mph in the 1/4 mile?

Ok, thanks for coming out.

Oh, and 235whp/245 ft. lbs at 9psi..thanks.

boost til'bust,Apr 20 2005, 12:0 Wrote:have you dyno'd your car?

how much HP? im not interested in driving your car, seat of the pants dyno's dont tell you s**t....have you had it to the dragstrip yet?

Come drive my car. ;)
[right][snapback]103027[/snapback][/right]
I'm really thinking of trying to adapt a JRSC for the SPI, if I can get the parts right. I mean, it would rock as long as I reinforce the damn tranny :D

SVT auto-tragic would be... tragic.
well my car is more reliable than say....a car that burnt to the ground....thank you for coming out :blink:

Jays2000ZX3,Apr 22 2005, 06:37 PM Wrote:So you mean my 7psi turbo setup, 215whp/225ft. lbs on the dyno, and 13.5@104mph in the 1/4 mile?

Ok, thanks for coming out.

Oh, and 235whp/245 ft. lbs at 9psi..thanks.

boost til'bust,Apr 20 2005, 12:0 Wrote:have you dyno'd your car?

Come drive my car. ;)
[right][snapback]103027[/snapback][/right]
[right][snapback]103748[/snapback][/right]
Pages: 1 2