FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Door Inserts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to do my door inserts over. I am going to do them in red suede. Does anybody know where I can buy suede around the Kdub or GTA? I want to do it this weekend if I find the material
simple stupid question, how is this done? :blink:

01-yellow-ZX3

It's done as easy as grabbing a butter knife and some patience.

Go to a local fabric shop with a body colored item for color reference, its your best bet.
fa-bric-land, FABRICLAND!
ok, then what? still confused
Just want to point out "It's very hard" to keep it clean and shows signs of wear not as durable as the smoother finished leathers. The ones that wipe clean. Suede is a sponge no matter what you treat it with.
(dirt and scratches are hard to maintain with suede.)
Water wil stain suede so keep that in mind.
The fabric should be stain resistant and dry easily.

There are excellent textiles that look like leather!!
Yeah I guess I should see whats out there before I do it.
I redid mine with orange micro-suede in the spring last year and they haven't shown any signs of wear yet. I don't think wear and tear is much of an issue on the door inserts, its not like you're bumping your shoes or things into them everyday.
Depends on your passenger traffic...pets, kids, girls who need coffee opps ha ha ha. :lol:
By the way "micro- suede" is not leather it's a "fabric!" and is very washable.
Used to cover futtons.
Good chioce"habmann".

http://www.todaysfutons.com/product/cove...oSW11_.jpg
Habmann Made it look sweet... Looks like Im doing it now too.
Chromey,Mar 17 2005, 12:09 AM Wrote:Habmann Made it look sweet... Looks like Im doing it now too.
[right][snapback]94097[/snapback][/right]

Thanx