FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Factory Splash Guard. To Paint Or Not To Paint.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know when I can see any focus pictures with the factory mudguards. I bought a set of the moulded ones and I'm still deciding whether I'm going to paint it body colour or leave it black. I have a silver sedan.
I've never see painted ones.

I think that would look trick.
I think that even with a flex additive, the paint would eventually seperate from the plastic and chip off.

I think it would look cool, until that started to happen....
I have black flaps on my silver Subaru and they look fine.
I've got some (roughly) Sangria Red Dupli-Colour, but I don't think it would look quite right. Silver might be easier to match, but then again there's the aforementioned chipping :)
I say don't waste your time,

screw painting em, and just put em on.....
I'm not too worried about the paint coming off. Everything that I painted seem to stay intact. I painted these mudguards on my camry before. No peeling at all.
I'm just not sure if it's gonna look nice on a silver car.

[Image: Camry2-rearleft.jpg]
It kind of depends on how soft/flexible they are as to how well the paint is going to stay. No matter what, paint will only flex a limited amount before it cracks. If they're fairly rigid and you dont bump anything with them or bottom out and scrape/flex them the paint should stay alright.
I finally decided to keep them black. I put them on the car today. they look really nice. I might stick to the black and silver look for my car.
Jaspher,Feb 19 2005, 11:35 PM Wrote:I finally decided to keep them black.  I put them on the car today.  they look really nice.  I might stick to the black and silver look for my car.
[right][snapback]87687[/snapback][/right]

Agreed, my silver wagon looks pretty hardcore with black mudflaps. Here they are but on a silver sedan:

[Image: mudflap_side3.jpg]
yeah.. the black looks really nice.