FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tint Levels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm goin' to Apple Auto Glass hopefully next week to get the car tinted.

What level tint would look best? 20% all around? 35? Mixed? (yeah, mixed looks like ass sometimes)

Gord, I know we had this discussion already :D

I'm just in a poll-whoring mood and can't make up my mind about the level of tint.

Post away guys! You've seen pics of the car so far... and I will be adding the velcro to the headlights for the smoked headlight covers I've got (for daytime driving).
20% all around...you will regret 35%....
my Focus is 20 all around and the Cobra is 20 sides and 5 back...
5 back makes it hard to see at nite when reversing

never been hassled by the cops or anything for the 20%
I voted 20% also. I went with 5% on the back windows and it's a little to dark. I wish I just went with a 20% all around but here in Sask, you can't have anything on the front windows.
I went 35% on the driver & passenger side windows and the rest is 50%! I think it looks great! ;)
I have Limo Tint all around except for the front. I like and have no problem at night. It was suggested by the installer. Here is a pic.

[Image: SVTFocus2003LimoTint.jpg]
Yeah like i said before 20% all around.........

you've seen mine and my sister's and they're both 20% all around

My sister's was done at Tint king and seems abit darker than mine too

OH YEAH!
Don't forget to get a windsheild banner done too!

Most places will do it for $10-15 bucks, and don't let them bullshit yo about 6" on the windsheild because mine is easily 10" and i haven't had any trouble with it yet!
But a 7"-8" strip would be good.
I totally zoned on the windshield banner, thanks for the info man.

Yeah I'm leaning towards 20% right now. Calling after lunch to make the appointment.
dont go too dark, you'll be sorry.
i have 35 on the backs and 50 on the fronts, but im wishing that it was a little darker. So, i voted for the 35 front and 20 rear. It'll all look good with ur tinted turns, and ur tinted tails (if you've done those yet)
STOP BEING SILLY GUYS****

yOU all know that mirror tint is soooo sexy...

WHHaaaaaat????
20% all around.
I've got 5% on the back windows and 20% on the front, don't have an complaints, and its really not that bad seein out it at nite.
I have 5% in the back on my ZX5 and 20% on the driver and passenger side. It looks great and i havn't run into any visibility/legal issues yet. I recomend that if you like to sink back in your seat and have the guy beside you wondering "who drives that fast focus?" :lol:
I think I'm going 20% all the way around... any darker around here is a license to pull you over and play the 20 questions game :)

Thanks tho guys... I appreciate the suggestions and help :)
NOS2Go4Me,Feb 18 2005, 01:19 AM Wrote:I think I'm going 20% all the way around... any darker around here is a license to pull you over and play the 20 questions game :)

Thanks tho guys... I appreciate the suggestions and help :)
[right][snapback]87274[/snapback][/right]

Ontario darkest legal tint for the front side windows are 35%.
It's probably safer to go with 35% all around. My brother did 20% all around and he got pulled over several times for it and got a ticket.
I used some spray paint on my Zx5 back in the day mix with a little paint thinner it works great ;)
DD1,Feb 19 2005, 06:41 PM Wrote:I used some spray paint on my Zx5 back in the day mix with a little paint thinner it works great ;)
[right][snapback]87691[/snapback][/right]
sad part is...hes telling the truth....
I just booked it in for Thursday at lunch, should be done easily by 4:30. :D
Fader Tint :D :D :D

Top Black
Bottom Red

Effective tint is about 25%. The fader part is very low up front (as the fader portion is 100% mirror) about 1.5" to about 3.5" fader in the back.

I'm 10% illegal (35% is the legal tint in Ontario.. I think)
35% front & 20% rest of.
Pages: 1 2