FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Installing The Euro-parts Badgeless Grill
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just received my European-parts badgeless grill and wanted to know if anyone had installed on of these.

I am trying to see if any cutting is required. I tried putting it on thinking it would be a 2 minutes swap but soon realized I was wrong....:)

Peace...
Not sure it is like the ST170 grill but mine had to top peices that just snapped in...
What is the problem/details? I have a Ford Europe grill on mine and it was dead simple. I would think all EU sourced parts would be the same level of difficulty.

There are two prongs on top of the grill that don't match the NA shroud 100% but it fits OK.

A bigger than stock gap between the hood and grill top is normal BTW.

Pic(s)?
Well after looking at the "official" european grill it seems that mine is different. The tabs are on the bottom but with no upper tabs.

I tried lining stuff up but it seemed that my hood release was probably in the way.

I post pictures in 2 minutes.

Peace...
Vassili95,Feb 13 2005, 08:30 PM Wrote:Well after looking at the "official" european grill it seems that mine is different. The tabs are on the bottom but with no upper tabs.

I tried lining stuff up but it seemed that my hood release was probably in the way.

I post pictures in 2 minutes.

Peace...
[right][snapback]85764[/snapback][/right]

i got this grille before, if i'm right, your problem is because there's something stick inward at the center of the grille right? so that your stock hook release won't fit there right?

u will have to cut that piece out from the grille, that's what i did when i have mine, OR, u can get a european hook lock.

I now have the focus RS grille which i only have to bend the hook release thingy a little. This european badgeless grille is a little different on design compared to stock euro grille
yeloZX3,Feb 13 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:i got this grille before, if i'm right, your problem is because there's something stick inward at the center of the grille right? so that your stock hook release won't fit there right?

u will have to cut that piece out from the grille, that's what i did when i have mine, OR, u can get a european hook lock.

I now have the focus RS grille which i only have to bend the hook release thingy a little. This european badgeless grille is a little different on design compared to stock euro grille
[right][snapback]85766[/snapback][/right]
..right on. I even remember you trying to sell one of these..:)

Here are the pictures:

[Image: grill1.jpg]
[Image: grill3.jpg]
[Image: grill4.jpg]
[Image: grill5.jpg]

Do you have any pictures of that same grill on your car?

Peace...
Vassili95,Feb 13 2005, 09:42 PM Wrote:
yeloZX3,Feb 13 2005, 09:35 PM Wrote:i got this grille before, if i'm right, your problem is because there's something stick inward at the center of the grille right? so that your stock hook release won't fit there right?

[right][snapback]85766[/snapback][/right]
..right on. I even remember you trying to sell one of these..:)

Here are the pictures:

[Image: grill1.jpg]
[Image: grill3.jpg]
[Image: grill4.jpg]
[Image: grill5.jpg]

Do you have any pictures of that same grill on your car?

Peace...
[right][snapback]85768[/snapback][/right]

is that plastic or metal? that looks identical to my grille, except mine is metal and mine has the hoffele badge on the front, and the top of mine is skinny and doesnt stick out behind the grille
it looks very different from my grille, mine has a very skinny top not like yours, and it has both top and bottom tabs and i only have one "stick thing" sticking inward to the hook lock at the upper lip of the grille.

but in your situation, i see you can still cut out (i used dremel because mine was metal, yours should be metal too right?) the middle middle piece.

btw where did u get it? because i think it "might" not be able to fit securely without the top tabs locking the grille position.
Damn. I ordered this from European-parts about a month ago. What all you guys seem to be saying is quite true since it is the 1st time I see a Focus grill with these attachements. I'm hoping this isn't for a 2005 model.

Once the weather gets nicer, I am going to see how I can make this work. Nothing is never perfect...:) Thanks for the help!

Peace...
Vassili95,Feb 14 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:Damn. I ordered this from European-parts about a month ago. What all you guys seem to be saying is quite true since it is the 1st time I see a Focus grill with these attachements. I'm hoping this isn't for a 2005 model.

Once the weather gets nicer, I am going to see how I can make this work. Nothing is never perfect...:) Thanks for the help!

Peace...
[right][snapback]86017[/snapback][/right]

well from the pics that u posted, i'm pretty sure that it is not for the 2005 focus because of the shape.

i got mine from there as well and mine was also called european badgeless euro grille, but it was Nov, 2003! So i guess they changed the design a bit.
yeloZX3,Feb 15 2005, 12:29 AM Wrote:
Vassili95,Feb 14 2005, 10:17 PM Wrote:Damn. I ordered this from European-parts about a month ago. What all you guys seem to be saying is quite true since it is the 1st time I see a Focus grill with these attachements. I'm hoping this isn't for a 2005 model.

Peace...
[right][snapback]86017[/snapback][/right]

well from the pics that u posted, i'm pretty sure that it is not for the 2005 focus because of the shape.

i got mine from there as well and mine was also called european badgeless euro grille, but it was Nov, 2003! So i guess they changed the design a bit.
[right][snapback]86059[/snapback][/right]

Ka Bling!!
[Image: gallery05.jpg]
Nice!
Hey Paolo, are those the MACH HID's? Also, nice grill. :headbang:
Did you manage to get it in?
ZX3TUNR,Feb 17 2005, 01:46 AM Wrote:Did you manage to get it in?
[right][snapback]87064[/snapback][/right]
..yes I did. I guess since it was dark and all the 1st time I tried to put it on, I couldn't figure out nothing.

Peace...
Turbo_zts,Feb 16 2005, 09:43 PM Wrote:Hey Paolo, are those the MACH HID's?  Also, nice grill. :headbang:
[right][snapback]87015[/snapback][/right]

Yup, theyre the HID's from the MACH Edition. Thanx Mang
There is a little gap where the latch is but nothing that can't be fixed with a Dremel...:)

[Image: gg1.jpg]
[Image: gg2.jpg]
[Image: gg3.jpg]

Peace...