FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlight Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i have actually asked this question about the MACH headlights about 8 months ago. But currently, i own a 2003 Focus ZTS Sedan which has the smoked headlights...and i want to get some brighter better looking headlights...I e-mailed all my local ford dealers, donway, eastcourt, etc around the Toronto area and all of them replied that its impossible to change my current headlights to the mach ones...anyway, i know its possible since i've seen it on the streets. But anyone know where i can order mach headlights other than on ebay? i don't trust the pplz on ebay...

Also, another question i want to ask is...does anyone have a picture of a SILVER focus that has these headlamps installed??
<a href='http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/20058428/Images/hpks-foc00-bk.jpg'>[Image: hpks-foc00-bk.jpg]</a>
I believe they are called jdm halo projectors...They look good in black but im not sure how they would look on my silver sedan.
OH!! Very important question i forgot to ask! Can somebody confirm that the 05 ST Focus only comes with a 5 speed manual? No Auto available for the 2.3L?? I always feel that my Focus is really heavy compared to my protege5...can't do any mods to engine since that would ruin the 5 yr warrenty i brought...So now that the 2.3 came from the U.S...im actually deciding if i should trade in my 03 ZTS for the 05 ST?? That is ofcourse, given that the ST come with auto transmission. I would be willing to spend around $5000-$8000...last time i checked, my 03 ZTS with winter package, auto, and moonroof, its worth about $14,000...adding 5k to that, it would be about $19000 for the new 05 ST...only $3000 off their MSRP...good plan?? I mean, my current focus JUST pasted the 1 yr old mark a few weeks ago...hehe lol im properly being stupid anyway...lol...but i want that 2.3, new audio, etc...
Your planning on getting 14,000 from a dealer? Not a chance..honestly I bought my car in 2001, then in 2002 I saw the SVT focus and wanted to trade it in. I had 17000km on my car. I went to 3 different dealers, all very far away from each other due to the limited svt dealers and they all offered me less than 10000 for my car.

Honestly if you want 14k for your car, you should try and buy a fully loaded explorer or something thats over 50k itself and you might get a good tradein value. But on a 24000 dollar car their not going to give you that much for it. Your best bet is to stick it out another 1 or 2 years, go to the dealer now and see how much they offer you for your car. Got back next year..the price will be about the same even though your car is worth less.....

The 05 ST also only comes in manual as far as I remember. If you've got 8k to drop on the focus why not drop in a charger (super or turbo) and buy a lentech.

Oh crud! lol you just reminded me!! lol the price dealers give you isn't the price on that blackbook thing!! doh... aww crud.. everything is going the wrong way!!! ST only comes with manual!! arrrr. Humm...the Turbo/SC sounds interesting though... The only one i can think of right now is that SC by Steeda for about $6000....But then im not really going 'crazy' on my current focus...

My dealership (East-Court Ford Lincoln) are very...how do you say this? um... doesn't know what they are doing?? I brought my focus about sept 03 last year...i got a free moonroof though...im starting to get mad now...The moonroof while going to the tilt/vent position gives me this 'scatching' noise which the dealer took it as a rattling...they took 2 hours fixing it, 1 of the 2 hours, i sat in the waiting area and watched my car sitting there with no body around...Anyway, after 2 hours of waiting, the moonroof still gives me this sound as if plastics are touching while opening...but atleast it was alot more quiet...so i approved it. 1 week later, the sound came back!!! ARRRR so on friday, i went to the dealer again and see if they have time to fix it, i also got a recall for the heated seat...I showed them the reciept from last time which was free :) (Under Warrenty) They told me that friday wasn't a good day :( since they were really busy...so now i booked 8:30am on monday to bring the car in...I REALLY REALLY hope they fix the moonroof properly this time...They also told me that its impossible to install the mach headlights in my car...which has been proven false...
ummm... get a new dealership?
Isn't the warrenty only valid in the dealership you purchased in??
Nope...you can go to any Ford dealership for warranty stuff....

I do..

I used to like my dealership...and then there was an incident and I will never go back....

pick a place you like.....
You Can order the Mach HIDs from Ford Racing.
My focus 2002... silver.... with Mach HID's!

I love em!

<a href='http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/sweetboyee/focus.jpg'>[Image: focus.jpg]</a>
Very nice Ass... Alot of svt stuff on it too, door handles, mirrors...I saw someone with painted mach on another forum...i would actually spend the money to get that painted one...but if the whole thing is silver, it would give my car that 'SE Sport' look without the smoked headlights..unless you look closely...Thats why i wanted that black projector from jdm...This guy right here got it installed on his SVT, the outcome in my opinion looks better than the mach, cheaper too...

<a href='http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid134/pc1489d10f4396b98f081162f08c6e210/f77d453b.jpg'>[Image: f77d453b.jpg]

Thanks microbunny for the info, im going to try Markville Ford SVT next time if EastCourt can't fix my moonroof properly tomorrow (Monday).
Those are cheap peices of ebay garbage. You do realize the HUGE difference between h4 bulbs and HID's?

JDM = Japanese Domestic Materials.

JDM &quot;style&quot; is most oftenly used to describe headlights with black housings (as per real JDM headlights off hondas) The real mach HID's, all came chrome. No other model. There is nothing JDM about those angel eye halo's. They are just cheap ebay, mass produced knock offs.
So I should get the Mach instead?? humm...don't like the all silver look though...

btw, is this the mach hid?
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=7025
aww man, these mach hid are hard to get my hands on now...i remember they used to be on ebay...dont see them anymore...the only place they can be ordered is ford performance parts...which is overpriced!!
Yeah, i'd go with the mach lights, i've seen them on a few members cars.

hell, i was there when they did the install on one of them.

i see you have a Protege5, come on over and visit http://www.ToProtege.com
Of all the people on this board only two I know of come to mind that have Mach HID's

Myself
&amp;
Gapboypcs (Richard)

coincidentially two asians. Anyway, they are tough to come by on ebay, however I do see them occassionally so it's not impossible. Keep looking.
Ass,Oct 3 2004, 11:49 PM Wrote:Of all the people on this board only two I know of come to mind that have Mach HID's

Myself
&amp;
Gapboypcs (Richard)

coincidentially two asians.
I've got them too, and I'm whiter than wonderbread.
JDM = Stock :lol:
Ass,Oct 4 2004, 05:49 AM Wrote:Of all the people on this board only two I know of come to mind that have Mach HID's

Myself
&amp;
Gapboypcs (Richard)

coincidentially two asians. Anyway, they are tough to come by on ebay, however I do see them occassionally so it's not impossible. Keep looking.
...I make 4

and I am as far from being Asian as anyone can be. :lol:
&lt;_&lt; Im asian.... :blink:

lol when i do get my hands on a pair of these (for the right price of course)...lol i'll be running to yall to help me install them lol...since im stupid and don't want to mess up
thabrat,Oct 4 2004, 12:09 PM Wrote:JDM = Stock :lol:
JDM is stock parts on Japanese domestic cars.. but the Japenese Focus models use the same parts as the European models.

Is the company that makes those lights named &quot;JDM&quot;? That's a pretty sneaky way to market parts to all the Honda guys obsessed with everything that says &quot;JDM&quot;. Kind of stupid to use that gimick when trying to sell parts for North American domestic cars though..
Pages: 1 2