FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got New Rims Today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i sold my 18" Exel RH-5's to another member on here and have been searching for new rims ever since.....

Since 4x108 is a bitch to get wheels for and nobody has 18's in stock i stumbled on these.....

Rota Slipstreams 16x7

[Image: 001-1.jpg]

[Image: 002.jpg]

And i have some Falken FK-542 in 225/45/16 coming in tomorrow!

Very nice, I like the finish.

nice man!
Very nice. Just no hard launches. We all remember the other thread.
the other thread?
hardk0re,Apr 6 2009, 08:40 PM Wrote:the other thread?
[right][snapback]284448[/snapback][/right]

Maybe I am think about a US site. Someone had snapped the center out of their Rota's during a hard launch. All that was left was the outer rim and 5 twisted spokes.
I love those Rotas.....i seriosly don't believe all that crap prapaganda on the internet about Rotas.....I know quite a bunch of people who dayly drive/track them......Sure they are cheaper thats why there are soooo many people run them on their cars.
I was talking to one vendor who sells different models of Rotas and for all the years here in canada he said none of his customers came back with broken Rota rims.
Trust me Volk, Works rims brake down as well its just they are much expensive and not as many people have them as Rota rims.
Its almost like a proportion: 1 set of great rims (Works,Volk,BBS) to 8 sets of Rota
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 7 2009, 07:06 AM Wrote:

Maybe I am think about a US site. Someone had snapped the center out of their Rota's during a hard launch. All that was left was the outer rim and 5 twisted spokes.
[right][snapback]284481[/snapback][/right]

I posted the pics in the thread from the dude that was lookign for the rotas so there up on this site somewhere
NikiterZTS,Apr 7 2009, 10:26 AM Wrote:I love those Rotas.....i seriosly don't believe all that crap prapaganda on the internet about Rotas.....I know quite a bunch of people who dayly drive/track them......Sure they are cheaper thats why there are soooo many people run them on their cars.
I was talking to one vendor who sells different models of Rotas and for all the years here in canada he said none of his customers came back with broken Rota rims.
Trust me Volk, Works rims brake down as well its just they are much expensive and not as many people have them as Rota rims.
Its almost like a proportion:  1 set of great rims (Works,Volk,BBS) to 8 sets of Rota
[right][snapback]284482[/snapback][/right]

Are Rotas still made in the Philippines or are they now being made in China like so many others?
I wonder if those are the ones Cornflakes wanted but they were sold when he called back... :lol:

ZX3_2NV,Apr 7 2009, 10:29 AM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Apr 7 2009, 07:06 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]284481[/snapback][/right]

I posted the pics in the thread from the dude that was lookign for the rotas so there up on this site somewhere
[right][snapback]284483[/snapback][/right]

I knew it was here somewhere. Thanks Dru, I thought I was loosing it.
Nice rims Gordo! Can't wait to see them mounted on the Focus!