FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dual Guauge Pod I Made
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not done yet...still some sdanding to do on it. Havent hooked the gauges yet either. I need more free time....and I may be going on strike duty soon :rolleyes:

Anyways, tell me what you think....

<a href='http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Flofocus/Picture_094.jpg'>[Image: Picture_094.jpg]

<a href='http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Flofocus/Picture_092.jpg'>[Image: Picture_092.jpg]</a>

Looks good man, but they kinda point away from the driver's view, don't you find?
Its alot worse in the pics....you dont notice it while driving. I've got a clear view of it. :)
They look really good man, maybe a how to for the rest of us?
do u have to prep the plastic to bond the resin to it ? i have a extra pillar i wanan mold 2 gauges in
that looks real good.
Pretty nice job I would say. I personally would have put the guages on the pillar but that's just me, I always liked that kind of look. Seems like alot of foci modders are putting guages in the same place you did. Nice job, alot better than I could do....
Im going to start fiberglassing some home made gauge pods for the pillars..
ZX3 in progress,Jun 29 2004, 07:14 PM Wrote:They look really good man, maybe a how to for the rest of us?
I'll see what I can do for a how to....I should have taken pics while I was doing it but I was to lazy to pick up batteries for my camera...haha

Basically this was all done with one of those fiberglass kits that you buy at CT for under $20. Im going to have to buy some bondo or something to fill in some holes in it, sand and repaint, but other than that it tunred out pretty good.

What I did was I dremmeled out the coin tray, Extended the coin tray so it would come out instead of going in...made a &quot;mold&quot; out of construction paper of what the pod would look like, then used the resin and fiberglass material to shape the pod. Then LOTS of snading...lol....lots....this is my second peice I make for the focus, and I feel like Im getting a lot more handy with the fiberglass as I work on more stuff. I would love to make a custom sub inclosure, but before I move onto ICE, I should get my GO taken care of first... :lol:
nice job mate......kinda looks something someone else on this board has.... :rolleyes:
dad,Jul 6 2004, 10:00 PM Wrote:nice job mate......kinda looks something someone else on this board has.... :rolleyes:
whos dat? :lol:

I had my car first, f uckin copy cat :P
Truthfully I really like this location....I use it for volt and oil pressure, so they are available to view periodically as needed without sticking in your face....I do think if I needed a boost gauge or air fuel....critical stuff ( or more immediate anyway) that I would mount them on the pillar......

I have got a ton of thumbs up for mine....hope the same for yourself....
looks good but i think it would be more effective if you had the gauges facing you.. but that's just me..

on the other hand.. i see boost gauge.. im interested. enlighten me :D
Honestly.....sit in the car and the angle isnt as bad as the pic shows it to be. BerinG saw it and didnt even mention the angle...