FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Spark Plug Suggestions!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last summer i put in Bosch platinum +4's and had no trouble from them all season.

this year i've added a superchip (which i bought second hand) and now my car idles like s**t! So i'm hoping it's the plugs, since i've heard so many horror stories! so i'm going to start with new plugs and go from there.........

Just wondering what is "the best" set of plugs for the focus?

with the mods you have listed, there's not need to run anything other than stock plugs. The problem could be with the superchip..do you know what it was tuned for?

01-yellow-ZX3

I have to change my plugs soon also, they've got quite a bit of mileage on em. Anybody know the part # or price for stock plugs?
That was going to be my next question. The guy i bought it off of told me it didn't need a custom burn, and he was running with similar mods.

Should i just pull the chip? where can i get it re-flashed?

and i still have FC tb, FC udp, and FC cam gears to go on.........

Should i just pull the chip and have it re-flashed after i get these on? :unsure:
OK, you need serious help.. lol no worry I am here.

first- Spark plugs, I havent studied much on that, but if you have low milage on your car, you shouldnt have to change them just yet.

second- I have the super chip right now (2 days away from switching to the delta chip) but if you have the same code and the chip is burned for then you are ok. WHen you installed your chip did you disconnect your battery?