FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Hi Flow Cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All I can say is someone is thinking over there with that addition of a skid plate. I could have used that on my headers.
So I have another newby question for ya'll.

I met up with the other Focus Tuning car on the weekend and we were discussing his exhaust setup. He has exactly the same setup as we have, except he has a cat that has been gutted out. I noticed that both cars still sound identical. No noticeable increase in sound. He was telling me that he noticed a considerable increase in torque after he did the gutting.
My question is, and I would love to hear from Papa and French, is that if I put in the JBA long tube header ( I have heard that it's the best, guaranteed for life) flex pipe and under body cat, am I going to get the same results noise wise as he did with just gutting out the cat?
I had someone explain the Y pipe idea, and found that very intriguing, but I would have to research the costs of undertaking such a project.
I think I can put together the cat header and flex pipe installed for $750--but I am really concerned about the noise.

HELP

well I would be lying to you saying that a 4 in 1 long tube will be quiet, but you always have the option to buy a good magnaflow quiet silencer and run another one down at the back.

it will make you gain a lot of top end, which mean complet sense to me since you have a supercharger, I would say you should weld in order after the flex pipe: high flow cat hermoff for a 5.9 liter un on the line maybe 2 feet after the flange, good silencer on stock location, mufler at the tail pipe,

then you'll probably have a very sweet exaust sound that wont piss off the neighboor unless you rev it up.

:)
Pages: 1 2