FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: water inlet tube went bad
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how many had water inlet tube cracked where plastic welded in 1 piece?

it is not clever design at all, i used water tight sealing tape for emergency use and ended up buying at dealer for $45..
this is what i m talking about..
[Image: water_inlet.jpg]

and here is weak point..
[Image: tube_problem.jpg]

and this tube is brand new from dealer and still..looks like it will crack in anytime..
mine went last week, left me stuck on the side of the high way for 3 hours, damn plastic lol
ahh~i thought i m the unlucky one but damn, stuck for 3 hrs is not fun at all..

my hood is all cut up, so i could find out earlier, i could smell coolant and actually saw white smoke coming out..

should we blame ford or shitty toronto road..
i blame ford lol, i live to far north to blame Toronto. with mine i was driving down the road and white smoke started rolling out of the hood. at first i thought i blow the rad out of it, but after checking out everything i seen the crack, the worst part the ford dealer here didn't have one so i had to get my brother to drive to Barrie and get me one.
A nice billet replacement would probably sell well ... or is there an aftermarket solution already?
i don;t think there is aftermarket piece..there is thermostat housing but there is something going on with htp performance these days..
Kona, your cars breaks down every week.
cursed