FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Carbon Hood Fitment Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
SL8RZZX3,Mar 13 2009, 09:52 PM Wrote:It IS engaging the first lock and NOT the second lock right?
[right][snapback]282670[/snapback][/right]

CORRECT
Scorcher000,Mar 13 2009, 09:55 PM Wrote:Your hood latch should adjust. Sry if I didn't read anyone already saying this but there is 2 10MM bolts on the latch you can just reach and lossen and tighten them so Lower the latch and see if that helps. i had to raise mine up on the 05 Duratec.

In the pics the latch is no where near the loop on the hood. So drop pop and lock it. B)
[right][snapback]282672[/snapback][/right]

lmao i did see those 2 bols and i will try that tomorow and hopfull just drop and lock it lol
drunkinmonkey,Mar 13 2009, 11:02 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Mar 13 2009, 09:52 PM Wrote:It IS engaging the first lock and NOT the second lock right?

CORRECT
[right][snapback]282673[/snapback][/right]

I had the same issue, had to grind down the bottom of the U part where the hood latch slides down. Same symptom, fit Gords car but not mine.... after I used a chisel (since its sharp and flat) to just grind out the U a little deeper it fit fine.

hardk0re,Mar 13 2009, 10:05 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Mar 13 2009, 11:02 PM Wrote:

CORRECT
[right][snapback]282673[/snapback][/right]

I had the same issue, had to grind down the bottom of the U part where the hood latch slides down. Same symptom, fit Gords car but not mine.... after I used a chisel (since its sharp and flat) to just grind out the U a little deeper it fit fine.
[right][snapback]282676[/snapback][/right]

its really hard to picture what you mean sorry
I am assuming here when you push down it does go down all the way but just does not latch. If the photo shows as far down as you can possibly push the hood then theres another issue, like the bump stops..

Hope photo helps.
[Image: DSC00573.jpg]
hardk0re,Mar 13 2009, 10:25 PM Wrote:I am assuming here when you push down it does go down all the way but just does not latch.  If the photo shows as far down as you can possibly push the hood then theres another issue, like the bump stops..

Hope photo helps.
[Image: DSC00573.jpg]
[right][snapback]282678[/snapback][/right]

in that pic you posted im pretty much standing on the hood thats how far down it goes it fir whatever reason not go any further thats why im so confused and yes i removedthe bump stops
hardk0re,Mar 13 2009, 10:05 PM Wrote:fit Gords car but not mine....

Just thought of something..... i also have the euro hood lock.... i wonder if that is what the difference is as to why they fit on mine and not anyone else's :blink:
SL8RZZX3,Mar 14 2009, 07:28 AM Wrote:
hardk0re,Mar 13 2009, 10:05 PM Wrote:fit Gords car but not mine....

Just thought of something..... i also have the euro hood lock.... i wonder if that is what the difference is as to why they fit on mine and not anyone else's :blink:
[right][snapback]282687[/snapback][/right]

probably why...im gonna run to crappy tire but a box of washers and some matching bolts of various sizes and see what i can do i'll keep you guys posted
ok guys i FINALLLLY got it to latch after a box of 50 washers and longer bolts i got it to latch still needs minor adjustments but at least it latches now heres some pics

[Image: DSC00584.jpg]
[Image: DSC00585.jpg]
[Image: DSC00586.jpg]
[Image: DSC00587.jpg]
[Image: DSC00588.jpg]
[Image: DSC00589.jpg]
[Image: DSC00590.jpg]
[Image: DSC00591.jpg]
[Image: DSC00592.jpg]
[Image: DSC00593.jpg]
[Image: DSC00594.jpg]

im quite happy with it now but a box of washers is a little extreme..i fabricate a metal plate and take the washers out well so what happends but enjoy guys
Wow that's crazy that it took all those washers!!

But the end result is worth it, it looks great!
SL8RZZX3,Mar 14 2009, 03:56 PM Wrote:Wow that's crazy that it took all those washers!!

[right][snapback]282704[/snapback][/right]

yea i know it was insane that it took a box of 50 but yes it does look good i like it
do you no what kind it is btw??
drunkinmonkey,Mar 14 2009, 04:30 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Mar 14 2009, 03:56 PM Wrote:Wow that's crazy that it took all those washers!!

[right][snapback]282704[/snapback][/right]

yea i know it was insane that it took a box of 50 but yes it does look good i like it
do you no what kind it is btw??
[right][snapback]282705[/snapback][/right]

no but i think Hardk0re has his stock hood in the box it came in with the name on it...

I bought it from http://www.groundedconceptz.com if that helps
"Hands Clapping" :lol: Wow nice you got it...I had two washers on the driver side...The hood fit fine for me.

Well injoy the hood and take care of it...I miss it already :(
ya i just need to get the driver side to fit better and were good to go
Glad to see you finally got it to close and latch. Now take it all apart and paint those washers black so they don't stick out like a sore thumb. :D
Looks good...all these years in this business, I've never seen one carbon fibre part bolt straight on.
Glad you figured it out, it looks great.
QWKRN-U,Mar 16 2009, 12: Wrote:Glad you figured it out, it looks great.
[right][snapback]282768[/snapback][/right]

does anyone have problems with there hoods flexing when at highway speeds? it seems to bounce a bit and it worries me, is this normal??
drunkinmonkey,Mar 16 2009, 07:30 PM Wrote:

does anyone have problems with there hoods flexing when at highway speeds? it seems to bounce a bit and it worries me, is this normal??
[right][snapback]282791[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is normal....

And why i got rid of both my Cf hoods.... lol

It's not that i was worried it would break or fly off, i just found it very distracting

Now i find with the Cervini's when the temp drops a bit outside it cools down the cabin inside at highway speeds :blink:
SL8RZZX3,Mar 16 2009, 08:24 PM Wrote:
drunkinmonkey,Mar 16 2009, 07:30 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]282791[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is normal....

And why i got rid of both my Cf hoods.... lol

It's not that i was worried it would break or fly off, i just found it very distracting

Now i find with the Cervini's when the temp drops a bit outside it cools down the cabin inside at highway speeds :blink:
[right][snapback]282796[/snapback][/right]

ok good phew it was making me nervous that why it was bothering me but if its notbig deal i wont worrk so much about it
Pages: 1 2 3