FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Reputable body shops?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I posted awhile back about a truck hitting my bumper in a parking lot which punched a square hole in through it. Basically the size of the hitch. I was wondering if anybody has some recommendations of places they've been?

I know for this type of work you get what you pay for, so I'm not going to cheap out on it.
my suggestion replace the bumper...it'll probably be cheaper than repairing...sorry to say..
I have always had good luck with 427 Auto Collision.
(03-20-2011, 09:37 AM)Focus man. Focus. Wrote: [ -> ]I have always had good luck with 427 Auto Collision.

Ditto this ^^ ... also: recently had some insurance work done to my wife's Fusion and it was an immaculate job ... Carstar in Brampton (pretty sure it's a chain or franchise) ... outstanding workmanship and customer service ... I have no idea what the cost is though ... my neighbour's insurance covered the cost.

I don't think you'll find any place that can paint just your bumper for under $1000.
All Canadian paint shops had to switch to water based paint over the past year or so, and the price of water based clear is about $1000 a gallon.

Gone are the days of cheap paint work.Angry
Go with a Body kit?
$1000 for paint? Take a week off work and drive down to Mexico to get the work done.
I was quoted 500 bucks for a new aftermarket bumper, painted with a lifetime warranty on chips and stuff.
These guys: http://www.torontoautobodyshop.com/

That seems really cheap though.
Not to me that doesn't...

If you had said 300 I would've agreed.
500 bucks for a brand new bumper and painted doesn't sound cheap to you?
Sounds cheap to me. Where do you get your work done for those prices buddy Tongue

The bumper alone is 3/4 of that price if I get the OEM.
is your aftermarket bumper not primered?

You can reduce what you're paying by wet sanding it yourself and mounting it yourself as well. Paint materials shouldn't be more than 100$, and I don't know what labour rate you're getting by the painter himself.