FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: timing belt and acc serpentine belt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am hearing squeal more often than before.
i think this sqquealing happens when engine is cold and weather is wet.

so..should i do just serpentine belt and tensioner or timing belt at the same time?
my car is looking at around 150000km which is around 93000miles.

does anybody know how much will it cost to get that done?
to do timing belt, tb tensioner, idler, acc. belt and acc tensioner I think your close to 2 bills for that. Then labour unsure what they charge labour wise.

I have the timing tools if you wanted to tackle it yourself.
i m not confident to mess around engine.
(08-04-2011, 12:09 PM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]i m not confident to mess around engine.

There's a few companies out there that make serpentine belt kits that include new idlers and tensioners etc for a pretty good package price.
damn it!
i got onto 427 off finch heading south, throttle cable snapped in half.
ended up pay $100 for tow to shop but no dealer have this cable in stock, takes 3 business days to get it.
and another $250 for labour, are they kidding me?
since when 1 min job cost $250?
i had to call taxi $60 and 20 mins of walking to my home.

i am going to pull out cable from kona and replace myself.
never get a deal at the dealers....if you figure that they have these huge buildings to pay for and mechanics who take home a good amount of money, then thats why they need to charge this much because at the end of the day ppl gotta get paid.

but still 250 to replace a throttle cable is a little steep.
Sorry I didn't see you on the way back to my hotel. But I'm not surprised the cable snapped. Something has to give when you're putting your foot through the floor boards. :p
i just went down to my old kona and pulled whole cable from pedal to throttle body took me around 60 seconds.
and cable assy from my kona looks brand new.

cable snapped not near firewall, it snapped 1.5 inches away from throttle body, previous owner must have done something wrong.
probably he used snip to pull cable out or something, dont see why it needed though.

dealership might ask more for labour, this quote is from small garage.

i wanted to get lighter full sized crank pulley from massive or cfm but i will have to pull ford racing one off from kona, i think i have shorter serpentine belt somewhere.
Leo I you wait a little bit I'll be parting out my 01 and I have cfm udps on there... If you can wait a bit!
sorry to hear about your issues leo,

but yeah you should do all your belts, and plugs and wires as it's recommended to be done at the 160,000Km mark anyways. my mechainc in guelph I think charged me $200 with the labour to do all that, plus an oil change and check of all the fluids.
replaced throttle cable off from kona, not sure if there is difference length btw atx and mtx, now gas feels bit of tension to it when i do wot.
anyway, that was qucik 1 min job.

$200 parts and labour for timing belt kit?