FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: <----Going Wide---->
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So This spring my work in progress Focus will have a different look to it. Nothing crazy but just enough to stand out in a crowd of Civics at a show. And not just looks either but it will finally have some muscle to burn the 8" wide tires too lol.

Anyway this post is a tease to show my latest mod. Wheel Hub Spacers.

I was looking around for a while and was not impressed with any that I have found from the big name companies. So I searched on Ebay... Yes, Ebay. I found a company that custom CNC'd some Hub Centric 4X108 to 4X108 and to make it interesting I had then make em 1.5" thick!!!! Yes I have tested the safety off them by right off the bat droping them off the jack hard, drove over some mean ass bumps and even took her to 149.9KM with no shakes. It actually ride nicer, the wheels pull the car in a straighter line and even hitting a pot hole feels less damaging.

I did this because my wheels and tire for both summer and winter have been rubbing against my shocks so ya...

Enjoy Cool

[Image: IMG-20111102-00009.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20111102-00010.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20111102-00011.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20111102-00012.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20111101-00008.jpg]
[Image: IMG-20111101-00007.jpg]
eBay link?
holy sh*t......nicccceeeee
ballin john looks good
not a look i really like....get some wide body fenders and it will look 100 times better IMO.
(11-04-2011, 01:13 AM)Flofocus Wrote: [ -> ]not a look i really like....get some wide body fenders and it will look 100 times better IMO.

I second FLo.... Widebody it now And ill give the head nod.

I thought there is a law against wheels sticking out this far... I could be wrong But i did get a ticket in a Jeep with wheel spacers.
I'm flaring the front fenders out as much as they will go next week. The rear... we will see. I don't want a body kit and this look I have always liked with the extra rubber hanging out.

And as for the limit I think you are alowed 3" not sure but it only stick out 1" so I should be safe.
now urs looks like my car.
(11-04-2011, 08:33 AM)konafocuswrc Wrote: [ -> ]now urs looks like my car.

you need those with your wide body....and 18's....Cool
the limit is endless with the correct mudflaps

not a look i prefer unless you widebody the car. personally tho never been a fan of wheel spacers in general. but to each there own
Monster Jam!
How do ur wheels not rub HARD. I have 15mm spacers on my svt with sport lines and just goin around corners makes them rub. And people in the back seats is not an option. I'd rock 1.5 spacers on the rear Smile
(11-05-2011, 12:42 AM)Jmountney1 Wrote: [ -> ]How do ur wheels not rub HARD. I have 15mm spacers on my svt with sport lines and just goin around corners makes them rub. And people in the back seats is not an option. I'd rock 1.5 spacers on the rear Smile

I'm still sitting on stock right now for the rear and i'm just waiting on my new rear LCA from Dominic to put the sportlines in. But I will have the adjustable pirch so I won't rub once again.
It would look better with a complete drop Johnny Boy. LOL

Looks sweet though. Nice work.
Johnny im with you I like the look of the rubber sticking out but like mentioned ^ it's more of a jeep (4x4) thing to do

i still like it tho!
jonny how's this been holdign up?
looks like a roller skate.
I dunno....
Drop that ass yet?
Hey guys.

Yes they are holding up really well. With the winters on the tires come right to the edge of the fenders. Very lil rub on them too.

Kev- I have a room full of parts and yes there is some rear suspension parts waiting to go on in the spring.
Pages: 1 2