FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Picked up #222 SVT Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey my name is Aaron and i have SVT 222, haven't been able to post here as registration was a PITA with this forum, but just recently picked up the 2002 SVT focus #222, car was listed on Kijiji here in Canada and was garaged up for a year without any driving. The car looked immaculate in the pictures and i drove up to see it thinking it was going to be misleading, to my surprise the car was actually in pristine condition, the interior looks like it hadn't been touched at all and maintenance on it was well done. The car has a CFM throttle body on it but i just purchased coilovers for it and a double din Pioneer DVD, as well as la set of Ford Racing EAPs, a set of Borbet Type A's, and a set of Remotec Type B's. Car came with 4 stock focus winter rims and tires painted candy red as well as the svt 5 spoke rims that are now painted in plasti-dip. Bought some night shade tint for the tails and front markers, and also bought 13 cans of Plasti-Dip as i had to go to the states for them. Currently the car is sitting for the winter until i have everything put on and back together. Going to be a stretch and poke stance on the car

Also bought a build number decal sticker for it reading 0xDE if anyone gets that, pictures of parts and the car are as follows, more pictures to come later:

Car/Parts:
[Image: img1466largeh.jpg]
[Image: img1465large.jpg]
[Image: img1463largej.jpg]
[Image: img1464large.jpg]
[Image: img1461large.jpg]
[Image: img1542od.jpg]
[Image: img1543o.jpg]
[Image: img1544i.jpg]
[Image: img1545x.jpg]
[Image: img1558gh.jpg]
[Image: img1562nm.jpg]
[Image: img1551p.jpg]
[Image: img1448bwlarge.png]
[Image: img1732mo.jpg]
[Image: img1801medium.jpg]
[Image: dsc09812i.jpg]
[Image: img0063mediumh.jpg]
[Image: img0529io.jpg]
[Image: imag0008jq.jpg]
[Image: img0525da.jpg]
Continued ....

[Image: img0528lm.jpg]
[Image: img0530km.jpg]
Rims:
[Image: borbeta75jx16ebay133028.jpg]
[Image: img0509be.jpg]
[Image: img0510ic.jpg]
[Image: img0512qi.jpg]
[Image: img0513ux.jpg]
[Image: img0516l.jpg]
[Image: img0517yq.jpg]
[Image: img1744u.jpg]
[Image: img1927gi.jpg]
[Image: img1931zr.jpg]
[Image: remotec.png]
nice stuff, whats the plan for the headlights?

BTW I like the driveway allot...
very nice dude!
250000+ Kms. Any worries about reliability? Maintenance taken care of?
I've seen a few high mileage units out there and it gets me worried.
(03-12-2012, 10:04 AM)hardk0re Wrote: [ -> ]nice stuff, whats the plan for the headlights?

BTW I like the driveway allot...
Thanks headlights are going to be Hella Xenon HID & Dynabeam being shipped to me currently, and the driveway thanks a lot its stamped and then on the sides it has aggregate which is basically small pebble rocks in concrete our driveway was the first to be tried on for the aggregate, just have to seal it this year again to get that shine back.

(03-12-2012, 10:44 AM)moon111 Wrote: [ -> ]250000+ Kms. Any worries about reliability? Maintenance taken care of?
I've seen a few high mileage units out there and it gets me worried.
Maintenance has been done on the car at each specific time then the car was stored so hasn't seen much driving and is now sitting waiting for parts to be put back on after the winter is done, which is hopefully soon ... knock on wood. Car drives like its brand new literally i can't believe how well it handles and feels, plans are for a turbo set up so the engine will most likely be undergoing a overhaul.
Tune it. SVTs benefit massively from just a tune. Also, full CAI does wonders too. Nice score! I've built a quasi-SVT, but one day I'll pick up an actual one.
Sweet ride! Identical to mine. 1 of the truest handling cars out there.
Gorgeous car! I dont know if i was contacting you or the previous owner for the black SVT, if it was the previous owner, willing to sell?
error 222.... nice LOL

svt looks good. are those lambo hinges i see there above the camber arms??
(03-12-2012, 11:41 PM)JMCustoms Wrote: [ -> ]Gorgeous car! I dont know if i was contacting you or the previous owner for the black SVT, if it was the previous owner, willing to sell?

Thanks and I'm not exactly sure what you mean i don't have a black SVT, do you mean the SVT rims that i painted in plasti-dip ? I currently have 5 sets of rims, 1 set of Borbet Type A's, a set of SVT 5 spokes, a set of EAP's, a set of Remotec type B's, and a set of winter 2003 candy apple red rims. I'm selling all of the rims as long as the right offer comes in, mainly would like to get rid of the winters and the SVT's as well as the Borbet's but their in 4x100 bolt pattern.

(03-13-2012, 02:45 AM)GFXjamie Wrote: [ -> ]error 222.... nice LOL

svt looks good. are those lambo hinges i see there above the camber arms??

lol thank god someone got the 0XDE lol i had a decal made for the front bumper that reads 0XDE a little bit harder to figure out but at least someone got it lol, and no those aren't lambo door hinges its a Ingalls torque damper for the engine to decrease the movement of the engine allowing for smoother shifts.
Are those your adds on Kijiji? Send me a pm for the black svts please
Niccce car =)

Grins at the Label for the Brake hose kit (00-04 Ford Focus (EXCEPT SVT) Street Legal)

(03-30-2012, 06:26 AM)Feral Wrote: [ -> ]Niccce car =)

Grins at the Label for the Brake hose kit (00-04 Ford Focus (EXCEPT SVT) Street Legal)
lol yeah got the wrong kit sent to me so they are for sale or they will be going on my brothers 2000 focus
ok need to ask, the headunit, is that the bezel that came with it or did you buy that separate ( the small edges on each side ) i have an eclipse headunit that came out of an 05+ but without the 05 bezel it fits snug in the 00-03 but has the edge gaps and its driving me nutz
(03-30-2012, 06:53 AM)Feral Wrote: [ -> ]ok need to ask, the headunit, is that the bezel that came with it or did you buy that separate ( the small edges on each side ) i have an eclipse headunit that came out of an 05+ but without the 05 bezel it fits snug in the 00-03 but has the edge gaps and its driving me nutz
If you talking about the double din kit for the pioneer its aftermarket its a metra kit for a ford focus svt and if your talking about the actual bezel for the car it's a stock svt bezel. Only thing i find bad about the metra kit is that you can't pull the headunit and bezel off again once it is put fully in because you can release the side tabs on the metra kit for it to slide out
give me about 5 minutes ill show you what i mean about my headunit and it will give you an idea.. actually the 00-03 is technically a 1.8 din.. the bezel that came with my radio had the true double din and Couldn't fit so i now have just the headunit stuffed into the dash with no plates or adapters and the gap is driving me bonkers

yeah its an oldie headunit but hey works perfectly and paid 75 bux for it

(03-30-2012, 07:02 AM)Feral Wrote: [ -> ]give me about 5 minutes ill show you what i mean about my headunit and it will give you an idea.. actually the 00-03 is technically a 1.8 din.. the bezel that came with my radio had the true double din and Couldn't fit so i now have just the headunit stuffed into the dash with no plates or adapters and the gap is driving me bonkers

yeah its an oldie headunit but hey works perfectly and paid 75 bux for it
Yeah i had to shave the actual black svt bezel to fit my double din pioneer in and still need to shave a bit off of the actual dash in the car to make it slide in all the way just probably a 1/8th of an inch needs to be shaved to get it in
i had to do the same i removed mine cleanly by using a hacksaw blade (wearing mechanics gloves aswell) and slowly cut the lips down then using pliers to twist and pop the tabs i cut then use a small hobby file to remove the edges and burrs and not mar the hell out of it took me about an hour but im an absolute stickler to scratches (yeah I'm that bad there was a small cut on my dash and i replaced the whole dash due to it)
Very nice
i didn't like the look of metra double din fitting kit, instralled multiple on focus and some of ford truck required same procedure to fit double din in.

you can do what i did to mine,
[Image: cuttingjpg.jpg]

[Image: pioneertestfitjpg.jpg]

[Image: testfit.jpg]

[Image: pod3.jpg]
Pages: 1 2