FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tire fitment question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So. I want to offload the Fuzion HRis I have on Subsonic right now. They're a good GP tire, but they're no good for fun driving. Almost greasy even.

I was considering going no less than a 215/50R16 (or 215/45R16), and possibly a 225/45R16 if it will fit.

The Miata.net tire size calc tells me I should be fine, OD-wise. Does anyone know if that will clear the stock fenderwells in the front alright for full-lock turning?

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Also, will 225/45R16 fit the stock Focus 5-star rims? I'm assuming that it will as it's only 10mm over in either direction, but still.

willtheyfit.com

compare your new size to my 225 50 15's on a et42. i rubbed inner fender with my drop on the outer side of tire. that will give you a general idea, but you will need offsets to compare fitments. I used this for figuring out my wheel fitment and it worked great for me!
Awesome, thanks Jamie!

Yeah, I might need to throw a 5mm spacer front and back to make it work. I'll probably just order a set of 4 just in case.