FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: changing bolt pattern?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys was thinking about changing my bolt pattern on the focus to something more common like 4x100 that was i can still you my enkies (dual drilled 4x100/4x108) has anyone ever done this? is it as simple as taking of the old hub nd getting it redrilled and filling in the old holes??
its possible...i read a thread on fj, a guy changed his 08+ focus to 5 bolt so he could put audi rims on it....
i guess its just a matter of finding a place to do it thats all.....i might buy a second set and get them drilled incase i ever wanna go back
but then agian i guess i run into another isue of finding brake rotors....hmmmm
contacted karl at massive hes gonna play around with a few hubs and see what he comes up with
(04-19-2012, 11:05 PM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]hey guys was thinking about changing my bolt pattern on the focus to something more common like 4x100 that was i can still you my enkies (dual drilled 4x100/4x108) has anyone ever done this? is it as simple as taking of the old hub nd getting it redrilled and filling in the old holes??

I think you need to be concerned about strength - too many holes in the same hub might compromise safety - and that's even assuming the work is done precisely enough to avoid an out-of-round pattern or some sort of imbalance.

IIRC there are adaptors you can buy that change the bolt pattern but you're left with just the one pattern.

Has anyone checked to see if our suspensions can be modified to use the 2012 hub?
but even still the 2012 focus has an oddball bolt pattern fords messed with there bolt patterns
(04-20-2012, 12:52 AM)drunkinmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]but even still the 2012 focus has an oddball bolt pattern fords messed with there bolt patterns
true it would have been better at 5x114.3 ... but a quick search on my supplier's website for 17" rims shows 3 times the selection of 5x108 vs 4x108
U can redrill hubs no problem, and same with brake rotors. People do 5x100 and I know some1 here is doing 5x114.3. I wouldn't do 4x100 only because wheel selection isn't the best and 5x100 gives u all sorts of vw options.

A good machine shop should be able to handle it