FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stock zx3 side skirts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The other day i got lucky enough to grab a set of stock zx3 side skirts at the local u-pick. I have a 2003 zx3 focus and it doesnt have side skirts, or the holes to mount them. i was just wondering if anyone on here has done it and how i can do it cleanly. I was thinking drilling and tapping but id just like to make sure. Thanks, Kashus
I think most the guys that add side skirts only use the bolt at the front in the fender and in the rear bolt in the rear wheel well, then just 3m double sided tape everywhere else.

Maybe someone who's done it can chime in.
thanks so much bro, you just saved me from drilling 20 holes in my car aha. im also a little worried about water getting in a rotting the rockers. anyone know how to prevent this aswell?
Just mount to front and back holes and double sided tape rest on.

As for rockers, since you are using existing holes there shouldn't be an issue but if you have holes, silicone can fill them easily and seal it
well i dont have the holes in the rockers already. So i guess ill just drill on the front and rear and some two way tape. Any way to stop water from getting inside and sitting?
(08-06-2012, 12:21 AM)zx3kash Wrote: [ -> ]im also a little worried about water getting in a rotting the rockers. anyone know how to prevent this aswell?

No problem.

As for the rockers...
there isn't really a way to keep water out just make sure you unclog the drain holes underneath in the pinch weld.

I stick a small screw driver in there everyonce and a while to make sure there not plugged and then spray inside it with some under oil to make sure they don't rust.
sweet thanks, im hearing mixed suggestions. Some people are saying drill ever other hole on the bottom and use two way tape. Anyone else have any suggestions?
(08-07-2012, 12:05 PM)zx3kash Wrote: [ -> ]sweet thanks, im hearing mixed suggestions. Some people are saying drill ever other hole on the bottom and use two way tape. Anyone else have any suggestions?

I wouldn't drill any holes in the rocker itself - there should already be a hole in the front wheelarch and one in the rear wheelarch for the ends of the rocker molding, and just use two-sided tape for all other contact points.