FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: ATX to MTX tranny swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I've got my 05 zx4 with an ATX, I bought a MTX for it but i want to know what all i need to get swapped out. So far i've got the basics and most obvious.

What i have:

- MTX transmission
- Exedy clutch
- Manual axles
- Shifter linkage
- Shifter housing/Shifter
- Throttle and TPS

I havent looked on the transmission to see if the speed sensor is there but it should be. I also have to grab the section of wiring that clips on the wiring harness. Just not sure if everything is plug and play or have to start splicing and dicing.

I know scortcher is also going through the same thing so any and all info will help us both huge!
You will need the clutch pedal and master cylinder, clutch line and bracket. Also the crank sensor bracket is different. So the bracket for the mtx crank sensor, and the crank sensor also.
Oh yes. I've got pedals. Clutch Mc and lines already too from my old focus.
I think the crank sensor is the same... It's on the pulley side of the block. Unless there is a sensor for the MTX alone...

And from what I'm looking at the ATX axles will work with the MTX too lol

Make sure you put a LSD in that tranny while you have it out too!!
Duratec is diff than Zetec for swap. Cps is at crank pulley as john said. Vss should be located on diff housing near passenger side axle. If you get that section of harness like we did for john off wobbs car that will have wiring for vss and reverse switch. All clutch lines are needed as kashus said and pedal assy wiring should be the same. Confirm this with john as he has both assemblies
Ahh yes forgot it was a duratec lol