FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: 2010 Ford F-150 Svt Raptor Now With Video!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor revealed
Nov. 4th 2008
Source:leftlane news.

[Image: phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg3.jpg]

After months of spy photos and a last-minute teaser video, Ford has officially unveiled its 2010 F-150 SVT Raptor. The high-performance off-road truck is powered by an updated version of the regular F-150’s 5.4-liter Triton V8 three-valve engine, delivering 320 horsepower and 390 pound-feet of torque. Also available will be a new 6.2-liter Boss V8 engine recently developed by the automaker.

Ford says it performed extensive testing on the new powerplant, including subjecting fifty prototype engines to more than a dozen of the toughest engine tests at Ford’s dynamometer lab.

The SVT division used a 62-mile durability loop in the desert of Borrego Springs, California, to replicate the conditions of the Baja 1000 race, to further test the performance of both available engines.

While much of the focus will be on the new 6.2-liter mill, the 5.4-liter Triton also features a number of new technologies. A new open-valve fuel injection strategy improves horsepower during towing and higher rpm operations, while delivering lower emissions and better fuel economy.

Of course, engines are only part of the equation. A great deal of R&D went into the truck’s modified chassis and suspension. With 13.4 inches of usable travel in the rear suspension and 11.2 in the front, the Raptor promises to be a capable off-roader.

[Image: phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg2.jpg]

Raptor’s wider track and softer suspension mean it will glide over obstacles with relative ease. The suspension’s dampers were designed by Fox Racing Shox, giving the Raptor the only internal bypass shocks on a street truck. The position sensitive dampening internal bypass feature allows the shock to become significantly stiffer as it travels, preventing the truck from bottoming out.

The last component of the Raptor’s connection to the ground comes in the form of BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO 315/70-17 tires. Mounted on 17-inch wheels, these 35-inch tires are designed to work on- and off-road.

High-tech features include: Trailer Sway Control, an Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, an Electronic Locking Differential, Hill Descent Control, an Off-Road Mode, and an Auxiliary Switch Board to facilitate aftermarket add-ons.

The F-150 SVT Raptor will be built along side the new F-150 at Ford’s Dearborn Truck Plant at the Rouge Center in Dearborn, Michigan.

[Image: phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg.jpg]
Nice looking truck minus the huge FORD in the grill
I'll pass.
:blink: I'd be afraid that thing would eat me :ph34r: :lol:

NefCanuck
chug-a-lug chug a lug
Um Yeah, what were they thinking when they designed that disgusting Grill?
FORD :puke: Could they have made the lettering any bigger?
That's what I am talking about. You girls are discussing the logo. Look at the powerplant people.

Oh, I forgot, you girls are all about gas mileage.
I'd pay the gas bills for the privilege to drive it... :hitit:

The grill says "Look out, coming through!" :yikes:
meford4u,Nov 4 2008, 11:41 AM Wrote:That's what I am talking about.  You girls are discussing the logo.  Look at the powerplant people.

[right][snapback]275948[/snapback][/right]

Bryan, you forgot we all don't have 6 figure jobs installing 1 bolt an hour in the assembly plant. The truck as a whole, as sweet as pie. The ugly monster of a grill, disgusting. Fuel economy is key for most of us here.
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 4 2008, 11:54 AM Wrote:
meford4u,Nov 4 2008, 11:41 AM Wrote:That's what I am talking about.  You girls are discussing the logo.  Look at the powerplant people.

Bryan, you forgot we all don't have 6 figure jobs installing 1 bolt an hour in the assembly plant. [right][snapback]275955[/snapback][/right]

lol
the beauty of a union.......30 min work time/ 2 hour break and then off to a union meeting :lol:
Nice enough for a truck - but strange that Ford would be dumping development money into something like that - when they still haven't matched the rest of the industry when it comes to hot hatches and hi-po sedans ... just like American politics I guess ... whatever else they do they still have to appeal to the "base" - Ford is after all, still American.
Sickness! I'll take it in orange (as shown), blue or yellow. Black is nice for an understated look... but who the hell wants to be understated in THAT truck??? :lol:

A truck that was designed to do ONE THING well - be a badass off-roader. Kudos to Ford for not pandering to the whiny bitch demographic here.
Frost__2001,Nov 4 2008, 11:07 AM Wrote:[Image: phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg3.jpg]
[right][snapback]275934[/snapback][/right]

That is bad ass. B)
Looks cool, reminds me of the old BAJA trucks.
ZTWsquared,Nov 4 2008, 01:51 PM Wrote:Nice enough for a truck - but strange that Ford would be dumping development money into something like that - when they still haven't matched the rest of the industry when it comes to hot hatches and hi-po sedans ... just like American politics I guess ... whatever else they do they still have to appeal to the "base" - Ford is after all, still American.
[right][snapback]275959[/snapback][/right]

My thoughts exactly.
Why would they bother developing another vehicle that is only going to sit on lots in vast numbers?
I makes no sense.

It's not only the gas mileage that I think turns people off something like this necessarily Meford, but the sheer size and impracticability of the thing likely gives people pause.

As an example, I could see it having an issue clearing under the garage entrance at my condo for one example (We had to replace a garage door after a rocket scientist in a minivan went down with a matress strapped to the roof and with that combo tore the door clean off :ph34r: )

NefCanuck
I'd rip around in that, that thing would be bomb! 6.2L oh **** ya :lol:
Sh#t yah, factory lift, 6.2...time to sell the house.
NikiterZTS,Nov 4 2008, 01:28 PM Wrote:
Focus man, Focus.,Nov 4 2008, 11:54 AM Wrote:

Bryan, you forgot we all don't have 6 figure jobs installing 1 bolt an hour in the assembly plant. [right][snapback]275955[/snapback][/right]
lol
the beauty of a union.......30 work time/ 2 hour break and then off to a union meeting :lol:
[right][snapback]275957[/snapback][/right]

Haters Are we suppose to feel sorry for you cause your not able to get into a union boo hoo...... And yes I would like fries with that :lol:
^^^True dat, mine will be black :P
Pages: 1 2