FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Time To Shave (w-pics)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well i picked up a newer hatch a few months ago. well today i started shaving it, no plastic, no locks. just waiting for the epoxy to dry and ill take some pics.........

Epoxy and fit

[Image: P1020058.jpg]
[Image: P1020059.jpg]

Sanding before Bondo
[Image: P1020061.jpg]
[Image: P1020062.jpg]

Bondo
[Image: P1020063.jpg]
[Image: P1020064.jpg]

Sanding and primer
[Image: P1020065.jpg]
[Image: P1020066.jpg]

Now time to repeat the last two about three times, more pics to follow
nice lets get some pictures...what type of apoxy you using?
Tiketz,Feb 26 2010, 09:39 PM Wrote:nice lets get some pictures...what type of apoxy you using?
[right][snapback]302259[/snapback][/right]

not sure what kind it is, i have a fried that ownes a body shop and he gave me a tub that he uses to apply body panles
Pics r up
Looks good great job...The epoxy tube is it like two tubes that mix together when they get pushed out and applied?

Make sure you sand it good...What colour is your car
Tiketz,Feb 27 2010, 12:34 AM Wrote:Looks good great job...The epoxy tube is it like two tubes that mix together when they get pushed out and applied?

Make sure you sand it good...What colour is your car
[right][snapback]302270[/snapback][/right]

Right now the wagon is Dark Gray but its going in for paint and i dont know what color it will be after lol
Nice Work Man. What are you going to use for Licence Plate Lights?
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 27 2010, 12:42 AM Wrote:Nice Work Man.  What are you going to use for Licence Plate Lights?
[right][snapback]302272[/snapback][/right]
Small White LEDs
it looks like you took a lot away from where the plate fits, did you test putting a plate in place to see if it fit for spacing rub issue?

and it look a little uneven near the centre in the one pic but looks alright.
good progress looks good but if it was me i would have shaved the entire hatch (even where the plate goes) make it all smooth. might as well go all out on a job like that
Ive seen a Full shave on a Focus, Its LOOKS really really Bad.

Looks like a Fat Ass Bubble
Chromey,Feb 26 2010, 09:45 PM Wrote:Ive seen a Full shave on a Focus, Its LOOKS really really Bad.

[right][snapback]302278[/snapback][/right]

Yeah on a zx3 it kinda looks off, but this is being done to a wagon....

Wagon will look sick! Keep up the good work!! B)

edit: full shave would look better tho
SL8RZZX3,Feb 26 2010, 08:53 PM Wrote:
Chromey,Feb 26 2010, 09:45 PM Wrote:Ive seen a Full shave on a Focus, Its LOOKS really really Bad.

[right][snapback]302280[/snapback][/right]

[Image: Rear-2Medium.jpg]
will after two more coats of bondo im almost done, should have the final pics up tonight of it in primer :beerchug:
well thats it for me the rest is uo to the body guy that paints the car, this was the fairly easy but it makes me want to do more to the car lol
[Image: P1020067.jpg]
[Image: P1020068.jpg]
[Image: P1020069.jpg]

enjoy :D
weird, your hatch does not have the bolt holes for the licence plate back plate...
that could be a problem? you may have to drill into freshly painted metal to install the 2 holes that you screw the black plastic bracket into then you put your 4 licence plate screws into that.
paolo,Feb 28 2010, 11:42 PM Wrote:weird, your hatch does not have the bolt holes for the licence plate back plate...
that could be a problem? you may have to drill into freshly painted metal to install the 2 holes that you screw the black plastic bracket into then you put your 4 licence plate screws into that.
[right][snapback]302379[/snapback][/right]

im putting a metal bracket for the rear plate to hang lower
Sexy, I want... I want :blink:

Dimitri,Feb 27 2010, 12:18 PM Wrote:
SL8RZZX3,Feb 26 2010, 08:53 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]302280[/snapback][/right]

[Image: Rear-2Medium.jpg]
[right][snapback]302307[/snapback][/right]
now u just got to fit a euro zx3 rear bumper and u will have a sexy ass wagon
ps where do you live. some where in the north lol
Pages: 1 2