FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tire Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey.
I'm looking to buy 4 new tires, i am looking for something the will grip in the rain but also good tread wear. I know i should pick one or the other but treadwear is more what i am looking for but some grip would be nice.

So i did some research and found a few websites, but because i have no idea what i'm reading and don't know if these reviews are bull or not i was wondering if anyone had any input about some tires i found.

I checked out tirerack.com and found a few tires.
1. general altimax HP-83.00
2. Kumho Ecsta AST- 59.00
3. General Exclaim VHP-71.00

I checked out vulcan tire.
4. Mastercraft avenger HP-70.00 or ZHP-75.00
5. Falken FK 452-79.00
6. Falken FK 451-70

My tire size is 205/50/16
I plan on getting these tires cheap by taking some advise on a fourm i read, getting the tire shipped somewhere in the states cuz they are cheaper. driving down and them installed there.

So if you could give me some feedback on which tire i should try out.
thanks
i got nexan tires, they were 89 installed on the car, not bad i suppose. they're really good in the rain, treadwear is good i drive them pretty hard and they arent showing many signs of wear. also the grip isnt that bad either, i likem a lot. i got them from factory tire in rexdale. same size as you too.
i heard general exclaim is quite good for the price..
konafocuswrc,Jul 8 2008, 05:32 PM Wrote:i heard general exclaim is quite good for the price..
[right][snapback]268319[/snapback][/right]
funny you say that...today at the lights RSX Type S pulled up and i saw those tires on it and was wondering if they were any good
Spinal,Jul 8 2008, 02:59 PM Wrote:i got nexan tires, they were 89 installed on the car, not bad i suppose. they're really good in the rain, treadwear is good i drive them pretty hard and they arent showing many signs of wear. also the grip isnt that bad either, i likem a lot. i got them from factory tire in rexdale. same size as you too.
[right][snapback]268302[/snapback][/right]

What nexan tire did you get?
I have a set of Maxxis MA-Z1's and they are awesome in the rain. very quiet tire and I haven't noticed any tread wear yet although I've only had them a month.
I have the general altimax HP's on my car. they are very good in the rain
Just put on Goodyear F1 DS??? and they are amazing in the rain. Expensive tires, but worth the bang for my wife's safety. And not in a friggin Focus!!!!

You looking at $199 a tire.