FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Focus Bodykit At Ford Dealer Near You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford is announcing an aftermarket bodykit for Focus from 3D Carbon to be available through Ford dealers ... MSRP CAD

5-piece: $960 unpainted, $2,260.00 painted
4-piece (Vermillion red only): $2,498.00 painted

[Image: Focus3DBodyKitpic1copy.jpg]
[Image: Focus3DBodyKitpic2copy.jpg]
[Image: Focus3DBodyKitpic3copy.jpg]
wow that looks nice! I like the front piece the most, I wonder if they would just sell the front.
looks good but they missed painting the crome pignose.
I don't like the front at all. The back is what looks better. It would be nice to see it as a dealer installed option.
Interesting... certainly gives the car a more pronounced look when combined with the rims they used...

Odd that one of the colours they offer the kit in is the Kiwi Green as that one is getting dropped in '09 :huh:

NefCanuck
So if i understand the kit is a front valance, rear valance and side skirts. What is the 5th piece all the other colors have except red? rear spoiler?
j3rt,Jul 7 2008, 06:41 PM Wrote:So if i understand the kit is a front valance, rear valance and side skirts.  What is the 5th piece all the other colors have except red?  rear spoiler?
[right][snapback]268248[/snapback][/right]

Looks like a small wing on nthe rear window (top)
See, if it was me, I'd be happy to buy it painted. That way you install it yourself and it's a done deal, plus faster turnaround.

I have to say, that's the first I've seen of the 08+ Foci that makes me come close to liking the new styling. I'd go completely sans chrome, but it's a giant step in the right direction.

Now, if only they had preserved either the wagon (preferably) or the hatches. *sigh*
These kits are not worth the money. we just installed one on an mkx and the 3d Carbon kits just snap on over top of the car and then there is only double sided sticky tape to hold it on. We were very disappointed when we saw the finished product.
i like the way it looks
do they come for the 2 door?
phased_focus,Jul 7 2008, 08:32 PM Wrote:These kits are not worth the money. we just installed one on an mkx and the 3d Carbon kits just snap on over top of the car and then there is only double sided sticky tape to hold it on. We were very disappointed when we saw the finished product.
[right][snapback]268252[/snapback][/right]

"I can't see the point you're trying to make" - literally. Pics?

Otherwise, why would Ford sell and back something that would be rejected so easily?
That looks like ass.
$1200 to paint? :rofl:
Flofocus,Jul 8 2008, 10:15 AM Wrote:$1200 to paint? :rofl:
[right][snapback]268274[/snapback][/right]

That too.
:lol:
3d carbon, they are the one who bought wingswest right??
then i guess that one is polyurethane??

it looks so-so..not bad..

it might look better in person with different wheels..
just for lips thats stupid expensive especially for paint when its not even a whole bumper
ZX3_2NV,Jul 9 2008, 08:27 AM Wrote:just for lips thats stupid expensive especially for paint when its not even a whole bumper
[right][snapback]268354[/snapback][/right]
Just to be clear - I'm the one that put "painted" in the title - Ford's literature doesn't mention paint - it might be coloured polyurethane which IMO would be better than paint - especially if the colour match was really good.