FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Restore Aluminium Floor Mats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is probably a question for Kev, but open to all.

What's the best way to restore/polish my aluminium floor mats? I'm using NEVR-DULL and it seems to do a decent job.
Ya thats works great but so does Mother power metal and Alcoa Wheel polish. Use a polishing pad for best results. With metal the longer you polish the better it looks.
I bought a cheap cone shaped Buffing wheel that I mounred ro my cordless drill and used a polishing compound and they cleanded up real quick. Check Princess Auto, $5 IIRC.
Using them in the winter isn't the greatest, but what you could do once they are cleaned up is wax them with a good wax, that should keep the salt from oxidizing the aluminum too much.

Any aluminum polish and wheel should do a decent job to clean them up.

haha they don't get used up as the turbo focus has been parked since the end of November.

Thanks Kev.
Yeah I used to take mine out in the winter, then I got lazy last year and They have been in ever since. Although since I did the buff and polish last spring they have done quite well.