FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Header Conversion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I've had the MBRP exhaust on my 2000 zx3 for over a year and still love it.

Now I want to change the stock headers for a set of SVT headers.
Question is, does anyone sell a kit that include the SVT headers, high flow cat, and flex pipe that will bolt onto my existing setup?

I was looking at CFM but they only appear to have a complete exhaust solution.
McNews automotive sells a kit which includes the SVT header, SVT format hi flow cat or ORP, flex. Also included in the kit are a revised EGR tube and SVT dip stick and O2 extentions. It comes in 2.25" and 2.5" connections to whatever flex back exhaust you have.

I currently have this setup connected to a Borla 2.5" exhaust and man is it loud!

At idle and around 2000rpm it is not bad, but at WOT it is race car loud.

McNews link
i used to have a long tube header and a 2.5" borla exhaust on my '00 zx3. it was obnoxiously loud. i was happy to get rid of the long tube header

get the svt header kit. its designed by cosworth, flows the best, and you get to keep your cat
Alec Brandon,Apr 4 2008, 04:10 PM Wrote:......does anyone sell a kit that include the SVT headers, high flow cat, and flex pipe that will bolt onto my existing setup?

[right][snapback]261284[/snapback][/right]

Ford Racing has the kit and MCNews has a high-Flow cat that will work on a Zetec using the SVT header kit.

I have the kit on one of my Focus , here's a few pics of my installation : Clic here..
that look really good after the coating
Looks and sounds sweet. Nice Job Man.
why'd you take off the bolts for the OE heat shield? to show off the coating and the fact you have a modified exhaust manifold?
I will suggest some of you to do a little search about what is the function of : Ceramic coating".

We are not talking here about "chrome plating".
mpcv2000,Apr 6 2008, 01:30 AM Wrote:I will suggest some of you to do a little search about what is the function of : Ceramic coating".

[right][snapback]261343[/snapback][/right]

yes, i'm familiar with the marketing promise of 'ceramic coating' (lower surface temps, better flow, and ultimately of course, more horsepower)

just surprised you took off the heatshield bolts since i would think the heatshield and coating together would do a better job than either alone

i assumed it was b/c you do not get show points if people can't see the mod

naz,Apr 5 2008, 11:40 PM Wrote:
mpcv2000,Apr 6 2008, 01:30 AM Wrote:I will suggest some of you to do a little search about what is the function of : Ceramic coating".

[right][snapback]261343[/snapback][/right]

i assumed it was b/c you do not get show points if people can't see the mod
[right][snapback]261349[/snapback][/right]

DING! DING! DING!!

:D