FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking About New Graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
we may be able to sell you some but call first to make sure. The shop is Auto Trim and Signs. Where are you from?
blue_light,Mar 9 2008, 03:19 PM Wrote:we may be able to sell you some but call first to make sure. The shop is Auto Trim and Signs. Where are you from?
[right][snapback]259621[/snapback][/right]

toronto
dollar for dollar I can make a civic destroy a focus

manul civic HB 700 for one ok shape... + 300 To make it saftey for the toughest MTO officer,

swap a B series or h22 into it... 1200 done REAL clean
full tein flex suspension and some decent used swaybars 1500

SI brake conversion 300 with prety much all new parts

LSD and clutch combo 1500

5500 and you'v got a light 220 NA hp civic that will pull a mid to low 13 sec pass with a tire and a road course monster... thats snores on the street

if you put 5500 into a ZX3 your gonna barely make it to the points of the civic plus the cost of the car...

That being said I still prefer the focus b/c it's not a 91 flying gas can

aaahhh

my buddy's turbo H22 CRX pulled 10.7 last season............now thats a fast Go Cart
Sorry guys but a stock civic will spanks a stock focus even a single cam non vtec will still beat a zetec or duratec stock, i have lerned to accept it.

and Nik who is ur buddy running 10's he should be runing in CSCS ive never seen a 2.2 CRX

and as for the curent vinyl is all right nothing i would do looks to fast and the furious
umm..... how can anyone say a stock civic will beat a stock focus?

They have like 50 ft-lbs of tourque :lol:

I'll do a comparison of my model year focus vs civic:

2002 Civic LX Coupe
Standard Engine - 1.7L 115 hp I4
Horsepower - 115 @ 6100 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) - 110 @ 4500 RPM
Curb Weight - 2405lbs

2002 Focus ZX3
Standard Engine - 2.0L 130 hp I4
Horsepower - 130 @ 5300 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) - 135 @ 4500 RPM
Curb Weight - 2551lbs

--------------------------------------------
2002 Civic Si Hatchback
Standard Engine - 2.0L 160 hp I4
Horsepower - 160 @ 6500 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) - 132 @ 5000 RPM
Curb Weight - 2744lbs

2002 Focus SVT
Standard Engine - 2.0L 170 hp I4
Horsepower - 170 @ 7000 RPM
Torque (lb-ft) - 145 @ 5500 RPM
Curb Weight - 2750lbs

The LX vs the ZX3 doesn't even look like a match.... SI vs SVT is a little more evened out although I'd say the SVT would take it due to the fact it has more torque and weighs the same as the SI which has less torque and weighs the same basically. That being said, it might actually be really even due to gearing in either car.

This here proves FOCUS > CIVIC

[Image: 28202515742.jpg]

In my 2005 ZX4 I've beaten a 2007 Civic. Just a little green light pull (stopped, then it goes green). Guy got pwned....
Getting back to the graphics...as a guy who has gotten "grief" over wanting to put a couple of racing stripes down the middle of a nice white ZTS.. I'd say go ahead, but also put some money into performance modifications, so when that ancient Civ ick wants to race you.......however, we don't support street racing
The on;y car graphics ever looked good on was this one....

[Image: IMG_0020.jpg]

^^^
EUROFORDFAN's WRC replica.

A focus Canada Legend!

:lol:
ZED_not_zee,Mar 9 2008, 11:05 PM Wrote:if you put 5500 into a ZX3 your gonna barely make it to the points of the civic plus the cost of the car...
[right][snapback]259629[/snapback][/right]

$5500 in a focus? I can make it run circles around a civic for that much. :lol:
ANTHONYD,Mar 10 2008, 02:24 PM Wrote:The on;y car graphics ever looked good on was this one....

[Image: IMG_0020.jpg]

^^^
EUROFORDFAN's WRC replica.

A focus Canada Legend!

:lol:
[right][snapback]259674[/snapback][/right]
Man, if I had the car to do that..........oh, and the money....... :unsure: Graphics in most cases are a personal thing. Having a CDan makes it very diffcult, because there isn't the same perception of a CDan being quick. Maybe if there was a racing series that Foci's were involved in......
is that WRC Focus still around? ive always wanted to see it up close
It's states-side now if my memory serves me correctly.
oldeguy,Mar 10 2008, 01:50 PM Wrote:
ANTHONYD,Mar 10 2008, 02:24 PM Wrote:The on;y car graphics ever looked
Man, if I had the car to do that..........oh, and the money....... :unsure: Graphics in most cases are a personal thing. Having a CDan makes it very diffcult, because there isn't the same perception of a CDan being quick. Maybe if there was a racing series that Foci's were involved in......
[right][snapback]259693[/snapback][/right]
SPEC Focus

when i first thought getting focus, i was looking for white focus with manual in zx3, kona dirt brown was only choice way back 2002..
and thought of doing those decals but in black and white only but ended up not doing it since those decal was way too expensive..

was that focus from ontario??
i thought honda hunter(from focaljet) was the one who did it..
anyway, nice car
found this on FJ:
[Image: a9696323.jpg]
I think it is the same car (honda hunter's or EuroFordFan's)
any more pics of this car did it come out to any meets?
Yeah simon came to a bunch of meets in that car.
It was always nice to have in a convoy. People moved over, and stared. It was awesome.

That car was mint.
ANTHONYD,Mar 12 2008, 12:08 PM Wrote:Yeah simon came to a bunch of meets in that car.
It was always nice to have in a convoy. People moved over, and stared. It was awesome.

That car was mint.
[right][snapback]259843[/snapback][/right]

yup, and a nice guy too...I remember driving down to toronto to visit the ex's family and just happened to see him, I fallged him down and he waved for me to pull over...my car was basically stock then, and I sat in his tried out his shifter and bought one the week after. :lol:
Pages: 1 2